Notifications
Clear all

How To Make Ice Pick Scars Appear Better Without Surgery?

MemberMember
(@kyza)

Posted : 09/14/2012 11:00 am

Are there any products or techniques I can use to make my face appear better? My face just looks really uneven and scarred up.

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 09/14/2012 6:32 pm

I have heard people mention Retin a use as a topical medication for scars.

You could also see if a cosmetic primer was suited to you. Some of these can clog pores so you have to be careful if you are still sensitive to breakouts, but they are clear so no one should be able to see you are wearing makeup.

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 09/14/2012 6:55 pm

No retin-a.

You need ablative fractional co2 laser, or excision, TCA cross is also an option. You can try needling but icepicks don't seem to respond so well.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/15/2012 9:44 pm

there is a product called dermaflage acne scar kit. its a type of make up specifically designed for ice pick and box scars. its is a silicone based product.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 09/16/2012 1:38 am

Has anyone tried red light theraphy? I'm trying it out right now it's supposed to stimulate collagen in the skin great for healing

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 09/16/2012 2:10 am

All the light therapies are based on very erratic research. By "erratic" I mean that the conclusions are always uncertain (well, more uncertain than usual in medical studies).

As far as we know as a medical fact, light therapies, on their own, probably don't do anything.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/16/2012 4:56 pm

Has anyone tried red light theraphy? I'm trying it out right now it's supposed to stimulate collagen in the skin great for healing

yes i have the red yellow and blu LED'S. ive used the red but havent seen any difference. ihave yet to use it on wounds. i bought it because i was gonna try needling but then chickened out. i must add somethign really strange hapened since using the led lights. i dont know whether it was the yelow red or the blue but now i have hair follicles on my cheeks where i didnt have before. now im looking for a solution to get rid of these hairs.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/16/2012 5:13 pm

How exactly do you do light therapy? Can you do it at home? I've been wondering about that lately too. Us acne.orgers are desperate at times lol.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 09/16/2012 8:41 pm

LOL yes we are all desperate take a look at what i bought the website is called hollywoodbeautysecrets.com there is a video on there about it my skin feels more firm after using the device i should do before and after

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 09/17/2012 11:46 am

Dermaflage - topical dermal filler/concealer

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/17/2012 1:57 pm

I have not noticed ANY improvement in existing icepick scars from Retin-A or red light therapy.

Personally I think these products are better at preventing scars than healing them.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 09/18/2012 3:35 pm

led wont do anything for your scars already present. i thought it would and i was dead wrong. you can get them off the LED man. thats where i got mines still

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 09/19/2012 2:51 am

led wont do anything for your scars already present. i thought it would and i was dead wrong. you can get them off the LED man. thats where i got mines still

My skin feels fine it looks fresher my scars have stayed the same tho i'm going to the doctors tomorrow to see what can be done this red light is good for wrinkles and looking younger i don't need that yet.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 09/19/2012 4:20 am

Have you tried leds combined with another treatment (derma rolling, laser, tca etc) or just on their own? I'm considering giving them a try in combination with needling, but I'm still not convinced about their effectiveness.

If I am getting LEDs, I would like to test them first by for example making two small similar wounds somewhere on my body and treating one of them with leds and see if it heals quicker. Otherwise you can't really tell if it really has an effect or not, I don't think. And I wouldn't expect LEDs to do much on their own, in my understanding it's the improved wound healing after a treatment such as dermarolling that makes the difference and gives you better results (IF it works).

MemberMember
(@minnieblue)

Posted : 10/11/2012 12:34 am

would needling be ideal for pitted scars? not sure where to begin...

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 10/11/2012 1:03 am

Some people have reported that needling works. I can't say for sure myself.

MemberMember
(@minnieblue)

Posted : 10/11/2012 1:13 am

that's what I've been reading, I have to do more research... thanks for the response...

Some people have reported that needling works. I can't say for sure myself.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/11/2012 1:28 am

yes i have the red yellow and blu LED'S. ive used the red but havent seen any difference. ihave yet to use it on wounds. i bought it because i was gonna try needling but then chickened out. i must add somethign really strange hapened since using the led lights. i dont know whether it was the yelow red or the blue but now i have hair follicles on my cheeks where i didnt have before. now im looking for a solution to get rid of these hairs.

The hair growth is from the RED LED's.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 10/11/2012 1:28 pm

If you are just looking for a superficial solution i have tried loads of different primers and products and the best one i've found is Porefessional by Benefit. It's quite thick and i just dab some into the hole and it tends to fill it in pretty well and certainly smooths things out.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 10/12/2012 9:21 pm

rly? thank you for telling me. is there any way to reverse the effect of hair growth? i have unwanted hair growth on my cheeks because of the red leds i regret using the red ones

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/13/2012 3:21 pm

rly? thank you for telling me. is there any way to reverse the effect of hair growth? i have unwanted hair growth on my cheeks because of the red leds i regret using the red ones

Why would you think the red leds affect hair growth? Do you have studies or anything to base this on? I'd be interested to know more.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 10/14/2012 1:02 am

Dud the leds gave me hair growth on my cheeks where my scars r now they look worse! How's that for proof

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 10/14/2012 3:45 am

Why would you think the red leds affect hair growth? Do you have studies or anything to base this on? I'd be interested to know more.

Red LED therapy for hair growth has been around for quite some time. If you google it, I am sure you can find 1000s of clinics offering the service for hair growth, as well as scientific studies that back the claim.

Example;

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+led+therapy+hair+growth&aq=f&oq=red+led+therapy+hair+growth

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/14/2012 5:19 am

Thanks for pointing that out, TokyoGirl.

I think it's a bit different to claim that red LED therapy may improve male-pattern baldness by improving circulation and inducing ATP synthesis in the scalp, rather than inducing hair growth everywhere in the skin. But I guess it could be a possible side-effect. Would be nice to hear more experiences and how common this is, I certainly don't hope to get extra hair on my face as a result. sad.png Will have to read up on this.

Dud the leds gave me hair growth on my cheeks where my scars r now they look worse! How's that for proof

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 10/14/2012 3:01 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, TokyoGirl.

I think it's a bit different to claim that red LED therapy may improve male-pattern baldness by improving circulation and inducing ATP synthesis in the scalp, rather than inducing hair growth everywhere in the skin. But I guess it could be a possible side-effect. Would be nice to hear more experiences and how common this is, I certainly don't hope to get extra hair on my face as a result. sad.png Will have to read up on this.

no_hope, has your hair growth remained despite stopping the use of LEDs? How long did you use LEDs before you noticed the hair? Do you just get longer and more frequent 'silvery' hairs, or is the pigment darker as well?

as far as pigment its fine. its really hard to say but i think the leds gave me better pigment on my scarred areas making them look better then before. The downside although is the hairs that have grown on my cheeks after us of leds. i cant say how long for sure but i noticed it a cuople days after using the red leds on my face. i was so heart broken when i discovered what i had done to my face. i feel as if everytime i try to fight acne scars things get worse and worse and worse. i have acne scar make up that i havent touched since i got it. im juust scared to make things even more worse or cause a massive break out. honestly anyone using red leds i highly recoomend to avoid using on the face.....unless u want unwanted hair growth all over ur face.