Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, well. After almost 2 years w/ horrible acne, my face is 98% clear except for scarring and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (I'm guessing that's what it's called). I would take Minocycline in the morning and at nighttime. After taking the Minocycline (morning), I would first wash my face, using Basis cleansing soap, and then apply some Clindamycin Phosphate topical solution on to my face. After taking Minocycline at evening, I would again wash my face, then put on some Benzoyl peroxide. Of course, applying BP once a day was not enough so I would increase the dosage to two times a day. I've also used St. Ive's medicated Apricrot scrub which helps and works (for me anyways). I don't really use the Eucerin Renewal Moisturizer that I bought, so if anyone could tell me a good reason why I should use it, please feel free to let me know.

Well, I found this routine to work and now that my face is clearing up, I want to know what is the best thing to do to keep my face acne-free and at the same time improve it's appearance. Should I keep following the aforementioned routine or will washing my face daily with Basis be enough?

I think you should keep using BP or else you might break out like I did when going off BP...