Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest retired

Who Has Success With Bp Only At Night?

Guest T.M.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and was hoping to get some feedback. From previous personal experience, I had better luck using BP morning and night but I'd like to hear from anyone just using once a day.

I'm currently off the regimen with mixed results. I've been trying a few different things. My acne hasn't gotten as bad as I thought it might have and I'm trying to give it more time to see how its going. With my current lifestyle, the regimen is nearly impossible to do properly. If I was to start using again I'd most likely try just using at night a for a number of different reasons.

I only use it at night and it works great! I used to do it twice a day but my skin would be really tight and dry. Since I have stopped and only doing it once a day, at night. My skin is not dry it looks healthy and natural. So I would suggest doing it once a day. :)

Guest T.M.

Once at night would make it a lot easier for me. I used to only use BP around my mouth but since stopping I haven't rally been breaking out on my upper lip / moustache area which is good so I'd be just using it around my chin. When I was on the regimen I'd freak out if I had one spot but since being off it I've learnt to deal with a few spots here and there.

I have been slowly switching up my skincare regime and trying to go off dans regimen. every now and then when i notice my skin is starting to break out i will follow the regimen strictly. However.. I just wash my face with a gentle gel cleanser and then i moisturize with vichys normaderm triple action lotion.. and if i notice a bigger pimple i apply neosporin every time i do my skincare routine and after 2-3 days its gone. So i think its okay to deviate from a skincare regime every now and then so that your skin doesn't become immune to the products that you're using. But using it just at night should be fine:]

Once at night would make it a lot easier for me. I used to only use BP around my mouth but since stopping I haven't rally been breaking out on my upper lip / moustache area which is good so I'd be just using it around my chin. When I was on the regimen I'd freak out if I had one spot but since being off it I've learnt to deal with a few spots here and there.

Yeah me too. I would see a pimple and get really upset not now I'm like worrying about one pimple isn't going to help me at all. Stress just gets us more pimples

I would suggest doing it twice daily and get cleared up for awhile. Then you can try reducing it to once per day and see if you can stay clear.

I apply BP only at night, but like Brandy mentioned above, I followed the regimen strictly for the first 6 months or so until I was perfectly clear and then slowly started reducing the number of BP applications. I now stay clear with applying BP only at night, but every now and again I still apply twice a day just to make sure I stay clear. Dedicating 15 mins to applying the regimen is nothing to me in return for having clear skin - I used to spend twice that amount of time a day picking and squeezing pimples!