Notifications
Clear all

Hard, Under The Skin Pimples Won't Go Away Unless I Pop Them With Needle.

MemberMember
(@jasonchan)

Posted : 09/14/2012 1:05 am

Pimple Kind:

-Hard with no head

-Usually red but not always

-Sometimes they are hardly visible but if you press on or squeeze that area, you can feel the hard lump.

What I Do About Them:

I have tried leaving them alone. One time I had one on the back of my neck, since my hair covered it, I decided to leave it. A month later it still didn't go away and I had to pop it with a needle. When I pop them with a needle, I just kinda poke around the middle area. I know I have the right place when the needle goes straight in (as if I got in the exact pore tunnel) instead of a hard meaty feeling. I squeeze the stuff out (sometimes requires a lot of pressure) and the blood/pus comes out. Then I keep squeezing it and a combination of blood and pus comes out and stop when its only blood. The pimple immediately shrinks the next day and sometimes I have to repeat the process the next day if I feel like theres still stuff inside.

MY QUESTIONS:

1) I know popping with a needle is bad and often I end up with scars, so what other alternatives do I have?

2) Occasionally even after I pop them and they heal, it still feels like there is still a tiny but of stuff still inside. There is no bump or redness anymore but if I press or squeeze hard on that area where the pimple once was, I can still feel small remnants of it. What should I do about that? Are they stuck there forever? Some of them are a few months old.

MemberMember
(@whyyme)

Posted : 09/14/2012 1:49 pm

Dont pop them with needles it will only make it worse by spreading the infection. Try to make it come to a head naturally, maybe try Epsom salt or steaming your face. There are a few different methods you could try, look them up on google or something similar.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/14/2012 3:40 pm

You are doing about the worst possible thing you can do to a cyst.

There are tons of posts like yours already on the board. Please do some searching and reading. Anything I put would just be repeating myself.

MemberMember
(@jasonchan)

Posted : 09/15/2012 4:24 am

You are doing about the worst possible thing you can do to a cyst.

There are tons of posts like yours already on the board. Please do some searching and reading. Anything I put would just be repeating myself.

Well can you direct me to those threads then? All the cyst threads seem to tell people to not pop them. But like I said, I tried leaving this one that I had on the back of my neck once and it was still there intact a month later. I can live with a big red lump on the back of my neck but I can't live with big red lumps on my face. Esp since the redness/swelling of the pimple goes down by SO MUCH after I pop it. I either leave it there and nothing happens to it for months or I pop it and it goes down 80% by the next day.

MemberMember
(@lah2112)

Posted : 09/17/2014 12:13 pm

Same problem... Did you ever find a cure?

MemberMember
(@quackattack)

Posted : 09/18/2014 7:47 pm

I get 1 or 2 hard under the skin pimples a year, I'm not sure if its a cyst or not. But I also pop them with a needle and I've never had a scar resulting from using a needle.

MemberMember
(@westpa58)

Posted : 09/18/2014 9:52 pm

I've had the same issues. I've had one or two that literally there for a half a year maybe more! Just hard bumps beneath the surface. Not sure what to do about this at all. They never come to the surface

MemberMember
(@jutta412)

Posted : 09/20/2014 3:20 pm

I hate those things-- I tend to do the exact same thing (use a needle, etc) since it seems that nothing else gets rid of them. I wonder if some of those things are ingrown hairs. Even if I don't seem to extract a visible hair, I tend to find a hair follicle "bulb" thing if I manage to pop them. That would explain why it has to be removed before it shrinks.