Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Murph89

Tomorrows The Big Day

So tomorrow evening I go the concert with my "ex". My skin is not 100% and I'm still super self conscious about it, and my weight (I've lost a lot in the past few months) and I'm just nervous that I'm not going to look good. I just want to have a good time. Any suggestions? I'm so nervous!

You're looking good, Murph. Those red spots you have are barely noticeable, and I'm sure she won't comment on them or care about them. Just be yourself around her and concentrate on having a good time. Give us an update on how it goes!

I think you should adopt a "I don't give a f*ck attitude". If you do, you have nothing to lose. Just focus on having a good time, thats the main goal, and don't care about anything else. When your driving to meet her up, if your nervous, just keep thinking "all I want to do tonight is have a good time" and focus on that.

You will appear more confident this way and if you can really get yourself to believe it, then your going to have an amazing time cuz your the man and you don't give a fuck.

My advice, don't act stiff or awkward. I've noticed the body language of people embarrassed by their acne and they're usually stiff as a board, or they avoid certain light like the plague. It can be very obvious to others. I remember talking to this one girl with acne in school and she would avoid light like a vampire. She would always want to be in the shadows so it was very awkward hanging out with her.

Just project confidence even if it's fake and act like acne is the last thing on your mind.

Edited by lightersUP

Don't worry about it dude, just have a great time. Enjoy the music, don't let looks hold you back! I'm sure you look fine by the way! Don't let a skin condition get the best of you because you are an individual, and nobody can tell you otherwise. Learn to care about yourself and not the way you look. You are important, and I'm sure that you're a blast to hang out with. If people worry about the way you look, then they have issues themselves. I personally don't care the way people look because I know that they are just like me and I just enjoy having fun with them.

I know it's not the best advice, but I'm just trying to support you. Let me know if there's anything else I could do. This whole community has your back! hifive.gif

Well, I'm probably the worst person to be giving advice but here it is anyway!

1. Only say positive things to yourself all throughout the day, even if you have to say them aloud. Every time a negative thought comes into your head ("my skin is horrible" or "she won't like me") replace it with a positive one ("my hair's looking great today" or "I've got such a nice smile" or "I've got lots to say").

2. When it comes to the evening itself, forget about yourself and take a real interest in her. Ask her about what she's been doing and show that you care. Compliment her (subtly!). Make her feel interesting and important but don't put her on a pedestal (I bet she's got her own insecurities, too).

Good luck! You'll be fine.

Look her in the eyes when you talk to her, I know it's hard when your self-conscious about your skin. But if you look her directly in her eyes Its gonna Make her look into your eyes drawing attention away from your skin.

And I saw the pics you posted man. You have nothing to worry about. Just relax and enjoy the night bro.