Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wrongtiming

Help!

You can't predict how fast an acne mark will heal, because some heal faster than others. From my experience as a long term acne sufferer, I'd say it would take about 2 months tops if you let it heal naturally. However, if you apply medication on it I'd say it would take about 3-4 weeks to heal. I think you'll benefit from Glycolic Acid Peels or Dan's AHA cream.

You're welcome. That may take longer to heal. It looks like a piece of skin is missing. I would probably apply some Mederma on it until the skin reattaches itself. I see you have a lot of old acne marks. I think your skin would really benefit from Glycolic Acid Peels or Mandelic Acid Peels. If you decide to give it a go, do not apply the peel until after your skin reattaches itself.

oh lol- only one of them is a mark from a pimple. the others are freckles. they show up if you zoom in on flash like that.

anyway, the wound seems to have closed and there's no scab so it's just a pink circle. I've had these before and they only take a couple weeks to blend back in.hopefully.

thank you!

It seems like a small layer of skin is missing. Was there ever a scab, and if there was, did you pick at it? And does it feel sensitive or tender? I got a spot of pink skin like that on my leg when a scab got knocked off accidentally. If another scab forms, let it be and heal on its own. If not, I'd say cover it with Aquaphor and a band aid at night to facilitate healing. Probably within a month it will blend in with the rest of your skin. Don't forget sunscreen too!

You're welcome!

Oh, I see. It looks much much better now than it did 4 days ago so that's something to be happy and smile about. It looks like It's going to heal a lot faster than my prediction. It's noticeable but try not to let it bother you too much. Do you apply sunscreen every morning?

It looks like it's scarring a bit, try not to touch your face as much as it's tempting to pick and try to even out those stupid bumps never ever give in. You'll get a lot more scars. I know because I was an avid picker as a kid.

And like ManlyCurls is getting at, use SPF every day to prevent new spots and hyperpigmentation.

It's so damn waiting :/ especially if you don't know how long it's going to take. a bunch of people at school asked me "how i got burned"..ughhh.

http://i46.tinypic.com/5mfva8.jpg

sad.png

and yes i've been using cocoa butter + bio oil + sunscreen

what's the skin feel like? sensitive or normal?

I'd say it'll be about a month at most until it blends in more with your skin, no worries

also I forgot to mention you can probably cover that easily with concealer. Concealer covers pink marks like, effortlessly.

It's so damn waiting :/ especially if you don't know how long it's going to take. a bunch of people at school asked me "how i got burned"..ughhh.

sad.png

I'd say it'll be about a month at most until it blends in more with your skin, no worries

also I forgot to mention you can probably cover that easily with concealer. Concealer covers pink marks like, effortlessly.

it feels normal, just like the rest of my skin. i hope it's not one of those permanent white scars :/

and i hate wearing makeup of any kind haha. and no concealer matches perfectly

sad.png

it feels normal, just like the rest of my skin. i hope it's not one of those permanent white scars :/

yeah i know what you mean but I'm sure it would at least help. doesn't make it perfect, but at least a little more like your skin tone. and no I definitely don't think it will be permanent. It will probably get darker over the next few weeks and then will become your normal skin tone

sad.png

yeah i know what you mean but I'm sure it would at least help. doesn't make it perfect, but at least a little more like your skin tone. and no I definitely don't think it will be permanent. It will probably get darker over the next few weeks and then will become your normal skin tone

Yeah hopefully :/ I swear this will be the LAST injury on my face. A small pimple should not have had this big of an effect.