Notifications
Clear all

Keep Getting Cyst By My Nose

MemberMember
(@thecatsmod)

Posted : 09/12/2012 8:04 pm

I keep getting a cyst by my nose. Some times it's higher and closer to my eye. They last about a week and then go away. Nothing comes out and I really don't try to squeeze them any more. My face also has a lot of red sores and some white heads, clogged pores, etc. I am on Duac (clyndamiacin, bnyzol peroxide), Orracea, and some sort of retin a... forgot the brand. These were all prescribed by my doctor

So how do I keep the cysts from returning

post-184205-0-20015900-1347498005_thumb.

post-184205-0-20015900-1347498005_thumb.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 09/12/2012 8:34 pm

I've really never tried any of those topicals but have you asked your doctor what you can do about keeping cysts at bay?

I have one cystic blemish right in the corner of my nose and eye and it is repulsive and it's the first one I've ever had so I'm not very experienced, sorry.

Do you ever mess around with it, because that certainly won't do much good. I find BP to give me worse acne but I've heard it does wonders for people. How long have you been on all that stuff, is it recent? Because it does take a while for all the stuff to work it's magic.

MemberMember
(@thecatsmod)

Posted : 09/12/2012 9:09 pm

I've had it all for maybe 4 months. My face actually got more red after applying the BP. This is like my 4th year of acne that forms cysts and nothing I've tried has worked yet, and the number of cysts has increased... My doctor suggest applying all the medicine and if they do appear ice them so they don't swell up so bad. He has suggested accutane since nothing else has worked but I'm not sure what to think of the side effects. Sounds like I need to try what ever he suggests or is suggested here at this point as I'm on wit's end. Thanks

MemberMember
(@klwv1981)

Posted : 10/01/2012 10:36 am

Have you ever tried the Tanda Zap? It's the same light technology that spas use when you go in for acne treatments. There's 2 versions: the large one that lasts a long time and you just buy new light heads for it, and the portable version (the one I use) that's good for 1000 uses.I've found that this works for any cysts that I can feel are about to come out. Unfortunately, if the cyst has gotten so advanced that you can see it, then this won't do much for you. I get a couple cysts that sometimes want to pop out on the sides of my nose. If I can feel that there's something about to start, I use the Tanda a few times a day and eventually the feeling goes away. It doesn't stop it from wanting to come out again a few weeks or months later though, so you should always keep it with you on holidays or anytime you're away from home. I find this also works on smaller popped pimples too. Not sure if it would work for you, but I know I can count on it for cystic issues.