Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sasound23

How Long Did It Take For The Regimen To Show Results For You

So I am at the 2 1/2 month mark of the Regimen. I just want to know how much longer it will take me on average to see results. I have seen the poll that says three months and that some dkr users say 6 months. I'm getting really self conscious about my face, what with people looking in the halls at my high school, and my dad has set a date of 1 month from now, which would be middle of October, before we see a derm and go through our options. I have cleared up my forehead( with a lot of pih left) but with the dkr I have gotten acne on my cheek and under my eye/by my nose. Thanks!

Took me about 5/6 months to get clear on DKR. I didnt use his products, instead i used drugstore products, 1. cetaphil gentle skin cleanse 2. Neutrogena on the spot BP 2.5 and cetaphil moisturizer spf15. Pretty much the same kind of products. I was pretty strict on the regmen where i may have missed only 2 applications at most n a 6 month time period. First 2 months or so was tough, breakouts seem worst and mainly on my cheeks and forehead. After about 5/6 month mark i was pretty clear and i have been 100% clear for the last month or so. Now i just have to deal with the annoying marks/scars left behind, but atleaste all active acne has stopped.

I really hate the idea of DERMS.. they usually don;t help much with acne, they will prescribe you a bunch of meds hoping that one works. They don't really seem to care much, at least thats how i see it. But to answer your question, I would say it took me a good 6 months to get clear on DKR. I guess results will vary for everyone, but the majority of people with success with DKR usually take longer than 2 months. DKR nor mostly any other acne treatment are miracle or quick fxes for acne. Everything takes time and patience. But if you stick with it, you will definitely get clear. Whatever you do, don't fool around with too many products. Stck with one thing and give it time before you declare failure or success. Hope i was helpful. Good luck with your fight against acne.

It depends. For some reason people who come to this website and use Dan's regimen often don't follow the regimen according to how Dan outlines it. People either don't moisturize at all, don't moisturize enough, use BP only one time a day, or use less than two pumps of BP. First question to ask...are you following Dan's regimen perfectly? If you outline exactly what you do and which products you use we will me able to help you out more.

I use all acne.org products

AM

shower with 1 pump of cleanser

Pat dry

wash hands

2 pumps of bp

wait 20 minutes

wash hands

moisturize

PM

Same thing without the shower

need anything else

I would just keep on truckin...sounds like you are doin everything right. many people take 3 or more months to see major improvement. Also, make sure you are being gentle when you apply, that's a big one. I would take your forehead clearing up as a good sign, and the fact that your cheeks have been breaking out is probably just your skin taking a really long time to finish it's Initial breakout. Good luck man, i'm sure you'll clear up before you know it.

Yeah, keep hanging in there. Focus on the area that is showing improvement and stay positive. The early months are the hardest but it gets better. Its good that you're following the regimen exactly, that way you have the best possible chance of it working. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Yeah, keep hanging in there. Focus on the area that is showing improvement and stay positive. The early months are the hardest but it gets better. Its good that you're following the regimen exactly, that way you have the best possible chance of it working. Good luck and keep us posted! smile.png

hi AyeAye (and sorry sasound23 to forum-crash your post)

I'm just not getting any replies on my post.

I thought maybe I could get some answers now through here.

Main side effects I'm concern about is the flakiness and the burning sensation - how bad do they get pls?

I've just ordered my first regimen pack, I'm excited to start on it but at the same time I'm anxious.

I have a very sensitive skin that at times I can't even expose it to the sun (moderate acne on chicks).

Thx in advance

Ruth

Hi Ruth, all I can tell you is to start slowly! When my regimen pack arrived, I was also incredibly excited and because of this I started with too much BP and practically burnt my skin off.

My best advice to you is to expect good results eventually, but you may have to go through a couple of months of hell before hand. Not all people suffer through what I did, but my face was red, dry, itchy, flaky and had a really awful stinging/burning sensation for a couple of hours each time I applied BP. But I now have clear skin, my face is adjusted to the BP and I would go through it all again in order to achieve the results I've achieved.

So go slow, and expect some pain and a couple of hard months. Good luck!