Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ronaldb

Severe Neck/back Acne

I've had pretty terrible neck and back acne for about a year now. it is no doubt cystic and I've seen no sign of it decreasing. I started getting acne about 4 years ago bad on my face. Recently that has declined since my 2 month use of doryx (prescription).

As for my back and neck I've tried a lot. You name a topical cream i've tried it, and for antibiotics ive tried; dorxy, tetracycline, minocycline. None of those seemed to do anything for my back and neck.

Ive been to a dermatologist who seems to have no way of helping my anymore, as with a regular doctor who says I have severe cystic back acne that will lead to scaring, which I already knew.

Recently I have been using apple cider vinegar on my back every night. This seems to have helped reduce the inflammation of the cysts but it doenst seem to have gotten rid of any of them.

On my neck i feel that I am out of options, vinegar doenst seem to be helping since they are mostly under the skin. Ive tried holding rubbing alcohol on the bumps to reduce them which sometimes helps but not anymore.

I am not a fan of antibiotics, especially accutane. I feel that they work for about a month until my body gets used to them and somehow the acne works around it. I am really looking for something to help with my back and neck. Its gotten to the point where i cant take my shirt off or wear a tank top anymore, which is hard living in california where the beach is always an option for entertainment.

I'm looking for any advice or help to get rid of these on my back and neck. I'll honestly try anything now.

Hi man i agree with you on the antibiotics your body will get used to them and also i think that they lower your immunity over time,i used to take them in severe cases i don't know what to say to help you but have you tried sunshine and salt water at the beach i remember i used to swim and the sunshine and salt water helped clear it up,but you have to be off antibiotics when in the sun.

How's your diet? goggle acne and diet i have read some people get good results from cutting out a certain food likes sugars or refined carbs.Your acne could also be hormones,also i'm currently doing red light therapy for collagen production blue light therapy is men't to kill bacteria of acne.

Just a fell points i hope it helped.

Hi man i agree with you on the antibiotics your body will get used to them and also i think that they lower your immunity over time,i used to take them in severe cases i don't know what to say to help you but have you tried sunshine and salt water at the beach i remember i used to swim and the sunshine and salt water helped clear it up,but you have to be off antibiotics when in the sun.

How's your diet? goggle acne and diet i have read some people get good results from cutting out a certain food likes sugars or refined carbs.Your acne could also be hormones,also i'm currently doing red light therapy for collagen production blue light therapy is men't to kill bacteria of acne.

Just a fell points i hope it helped.

Thanks for the advice. I talked to a doctor the other day about a laser therapy. I don't know if that is the same thing as light therapy but seems like it is. I'm very interested to know how that turns out since it's incredibly expensive I was told

Edited by ronaldb

Lasers like resurfacing? light therapy should not cost to much,iv'e never tried the blue light therapy that is men't to kill the bacteria that causes acne.

Lasers like resurfacing? light therapy should not cost to much,iv'e never tried the blue light therapy that is men't to kill the bacteria that causes acne.

Not resurfacing, well maybe I'm not exactly sure. The doctor didn't explain it very well. He said that it kills off bacteria giving my skin a chance to repair. I'm pretty sure it more focused on the scars I already have. But this costs aroun $1000 easy so it must be different.

Ok if it's the blue light therapy it shouldn't cost $1000,he might mean Fraxel laser or something like that just make sure you don't commit to something that cost's to much and might not even work.Can you post a pic?