Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Portis

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash And Diminishing Returns In Every Bottle?

I recently started using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash which uses Salicylic Acid 2% as an active ingredient. I wanted to use something that was milder than my previous treatments, but still strong enough to fight off any acne. It really keeps my pores around my nose and on my nose in check, which is why I will continue to use it.

However, in the last week (about 2 months since I started using the acne wash) I've been having a bad breakout on both sides of my face that starts just below my sideburns and goes below the jawline. I continued to use the product, but it really didn't seem to have any affect. I was approaching the bottom of the bottle and was wondering if for whatever reason the soap at the bottom of the bottle is less effective (which would've started as soap from the top)?

I cracked open a new bottle, and it definitely seemed like my skin was reacting more to the soap from the fresh bottle.

Could it be that the active ingredient isn't completely diffused evenly in the bottle?

Anyone else notice this?