Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so I started school two weeks ago, I moved into an apartment with my friend. The first two weeks were terrific, I met tons of new cool people and was having so much fun. My skin had a few pimples, nothing major. BUT then this past weekend it started to explode. Both cheeks and forehead covered. I havent broke out this bad since a year ago. My face hurts from cysts :/ I thought it was over, but it came back with a vengence. Monday morning I couldn't face the world. I hibernated in the room and missed my morning class. I felt so gross even with makeup on. I was so upset I decided to do what I thought I never could.. I TOLD. see I don't talk about my acne with anyone except my mom, and she understands, because she had severe acne growing up. It's my BIGGEST INSECURITY. I'm sure many of you readers can relate. But anyway I was feeling so down and I'm an hour away from home so I decided to tell my boyfriend about my dreaded acne secret. I started off the conversation with "My face hurts" He responed with just "Why" and then I told him all about my acne and how I hate my skin and how I would never let him see me bare faced. I told him I was gross and he will think I'm ugly because of it. He said "You're beautiful no matter what, and I will always love you regardless of your skin" I felt so good after that conversation, because even though I still didn't want to face the world I had someone that knew. In a strange way it really helped me. I mean my skin still looks like a complete disaster right meow as I'm typing this, but I have someone that accepts me when I won't accept myself. It takes a lot off of me.

Anyway my face seems to be calming down a little bit and I believe I found the culprit of this all of sudden massive break out. I've been using my room mates shampoo, and also the water in my apartment has a lot of chlorine present which has caused my skin to become extremely dry. The dead skin has been blocking the pores. The combination of harsh water and irritating shampoo has really taken it's tool on my poor face. I have faith it will clear up, but honestly I'm kind of happy right now without having clear skin. I can't believe I can say that. Feels fantastic.

I hope this encourages you guys if you haven't, to openly talk about your acne struggles with the people you love. It will help. Trust me.

Much love <3

Courtney

Great read, thanks for that smile.png I'm in a very similar situation at the moment.

Well I hope your situation works out for the best. :} Keep your head up. Acne sucks, but having people to talk to about it makes it a lot more bearable.

Really good post. I think that if I had "told" a few of the girlfriends I've had in the past things would be different for me. I only let girls in so much before I put the walls up because of how I feel about my skin. I always feel like if I admit to them that I think my skin looks terrible that they'll want nothing to do with me, because girls like for a guy to have confidence. That's why I think I'll never be able to have a long-term girlfriend even though it's something I've wanted for as long as I can remember.

Really good post. I think that if I had "told" a few of the girlfriends I've had in the past things would be different for me. I only let girls in so much before I put the walls up because of how I feel about my skin. I always feel like if I admit to them that I think my skin looks terrible that they'll want nothing to do with me, because girls like for a guy to have confidence. That's why I think I'll never be able to have a long-term girlfriend even though it's something I've wanted for as long as I can remember.

Believe me he's the first boyfriend i've told. It's crazy. I doubt I'll be prancing around his house bare faced anytime soon, but it makes it easier, because I become reclusive when I have a bad breakout, and he never knew why I would suddenly not want to hang out. Now I can just tell him I'm having a bad skin day and that I'm upset, and he will understand better. I can't wrap my head around that he loves me even with bad skin. It's messed up that I can't, but hopefully soon I'll understand that my skin isn't everything. Confidence is nice, but it's alright to be vunerable even if you're a guy. You'll find that special girl, who will love everything about you, and you will be open with. Never say never, and now i sound like justin beiber. ew. haha

It must be a really liberating feeling - having someone tell you they find you attractive regardless of your skin. Well done for having the courage to tell your boyfriend. I'm pleased for you - but also a bit envious, I admit! Having girls ignore or reject you while struggling with skin issues only reinforces the negative things you feel about yourself. I also would worry about telling a girl early on because 'confidence' seems to be the main attribute that women want from men. Maybe later on in a relationship I'd open up about my insecurities, but I never get that far anyway.

It must be a really liberating feeling - having someone tell you they find you attractive regardless of your skin. Well done for having the courage to tell your boyfriend. I'm pleased for you - but also a bit envious, I admit! Having girls ignore or reject you while struggling with skin issues only reinforces the negative things you feel about yourself. I also would worry about telling a girl early on because 'confidence' seems to be the main attribute that women want from men. Maybe later on in a relationship I'd open up about my insecurities, but I never get that far anyway.

no, women only care about looks.

Edited by arqa22

With an attitude like that, they probably do for you. Ask numerous women on these boards, and they can speak for their non acne plagued friends too and you will find that women do not just care about looks. What a silly comment

With an attitude like that, they probably do for you. Ask numerous women on these boards, and they can speak for their non acne plagued friends too and you will find that women do not just care about looks. What a silly comment

ah right. they care about looks and money.

I can't never meet people anywhere sad.png. I'm a senior in college and never met anyone. I'm starting my own club , so i hope to finally meet people. I don't even what kind of water we use here. I need to find out! I am trying to avoid too much chloride.

Edited by Ghostunit

ah right. they care about looks and money.

I truly feel sorry for you if your experiences have led to this. But your negative attitude will certainly put girls off you, so it's no wonder really. The main thing women look for is respect, you clearly have none for them with that opinion.