Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leelowe1

Proactive, Murad,retinoids,birth Control And Even Accutane Failed. Will Regimen Help?

Hello all, so i have moderate inflamed acne all over my face as well as smaller red bumps and i have tried:

Proactive

Murad

Retinoids

BP (as a spot treatment here and there)

Antibiotics

Acanya

Accutane

Birth Control

If all these high powered drugs failed, could the regimen possibly help. My skin is very dry from all the crap ive put on my face but looks oily (i am a 29yr old adult)

I break out everyday with 2-4 new inflamed pimples plus smaller ones

I am afraid of making it much worse.

So my question is, can the regimen work for me and is suitable for skin that is already dried out. My hormonal issues are clearly driving me to breakout everyday so need some input if this is something worth looking into

I have tried holistic approach with diet (8 mths), holistic dr's (5 months) to no avail....so discouraged.

The Regimen works incredibly well for just about everyone who follows it strictly. If nothing else has worked for you so far, you have nothing to lose really at this point other than your acne. Since your skin is currently dried out my advice would be to start out slowly with the bp and moisturize heavily right from the get-go. Use some extra drops of jojoba oil to help with any dryness.

Just remember that it works best when it's followed exactly as Dan suggests, so do not add in other things or skip steps, etc. Read through it and watch the videos a few times before you start. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

If you need some encouragement, read through the Success Stories and watch some of the success videos too. http://www.acne.org/success.php

You can write to me personally if you need help or coaching with it. Use the contact us form: http://www.acne.org/contactus.php

If you believe your acne is hormonal have you tried spiro? I know nothing about it at all, but I see a lot of people saying good things about it on here.

Well i meant hormonal in terms that all acne is driven by hormones....right?

I break out all day/everyday so it has to be something coming from inside. Ihaven't tried Spiro as i don't exhibit symptoms that alot of users report except for acne.

The Regimen works incredibly well for just about everyone who follows it strictly. If nothing else has worked for you so far, you have nothing to lose really at this point other than your acne. Since your skin is currently dried out my advice would be to start out slowly with the bp and moisturize heavily right from the get-go. Use some extra drops of jojoba oil to help with any dryness.

Just remember that it works best when it's followed exactly as Dan suggests, so do not add in other things or skip steps, etc. Read through it and watch the videos a few times before you start. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

If you need some encouragement, read through the Success Stories and watch some of the success videos too. http://www.acne.org/success.php

You can write to me personally if you need help or coaching with it. Use the contact us form: http://www.acne.org/contactus.php

Guess i am just so afraid of making it worse (which is what is happening now - products i am using are making it worse). It's on my to try list though. How is it different from proactiv though which made my skin so much worse?

Yes I suppose all acne is hormonal...but people mention food intolerences and things too. I just wondered if you had pin pointed it as purely hormonal (food making not a lot of difference etc).

Spiro is an anti-adrogen, so I'm not sure you need to be having any other symptoms of hormonal imbalance before taking it. I would certainly look at some of the posts and see what they say, as like I said I don't know much about it!

Thanks - have been doing my research but a lot of people just say you have to try it to see if it works. In any event, being on any drug long term is not something i want.

I think the regimen works great for A LOT of people. This website also has an extremely helpful staff and support that will answer and assist you with any questions that you have about the regimen. I did not have the best experience with it though.

Your acne seems similar to mine. I am a 25 year old man and breakout with a few inflamed pimples daily. I have tried the regimen 2 different times for at least a year both times. I did it a second time when I was 23 as I felt that maybe my acne had become less resistant. I also followed it exactly how Dan describes with only Acne.org products and was always super gentle. I slowly went up to the 2 full pumps as well.

One thing that I know for sure is that it did decrease my breakouts. The problem is it never got me clear and I would still breakout. I feel like people that it works for have a different kind of acne that is not as resistant. This is just speculation on my part and I could be totally wrong but if you look at this chart: http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

According to the chart, many people's breakouts start clearing much quicker after as early as 2 weeks. Even for people with moderate acne, it says that many people are clear after 5-8 weeks. My experience has been nothing like that chart and I did not see any results at all until 3-4 months and those were not really good enough for me. Instead of getting 10 big papules a week I would get 5.

The amount of time it takes to do (20 minutes in the morning, 20 at night), the constant dryness and flakiness (even with Dan's Moisturizer and Jojoba Oil), and the eczema or dermatitis that I developed were just not worth it for me for marginal results.

I do not want to discourage you from trying it but I think it is important for you to know experiences from people who it has not worked out for. We may have similar instances of adult acne so that could potentially be a factor too.

As another user pointed out, maybe spiro would work for you if you decide not to try the regimen. I wish I could take it but that is not something that I am going to put in my body as a male.

Hello all, so i have moderate inflamed acne all over my face as well as smaller red bumps and i have tried:

Proactive

Murad

Retinoids

BP (as a spot treatment here and there)

Antibiotics

Acanya

Accutane

Birth Control

If all these high powered drugs failed, could the regimen possibly help. My skin is very dry from all the crap ive put on my face but looks oily (i am a 29yr old adult)

I break out everyday with 2-4 new inflamed pimples plus smaller ones

I am afraid of making it much worse.

So my question is, can the regimen work for me and is suitable for skin that is already dried out. My hormonal issues are clearly driving me to breakout everyday so need some input if this is something worth looking into

I have tried holistic approach with diet (8 mths), holistic dr's (5 months) to no avail....so discouraged.

The regimen could really work for you. Give it a shot! I would get the aha too.

When was the last time you used Murad?

Murad is crap! I had really bad cystic acne when I was 16-17 and I'm 23 now. The Murad acne complex worked great for me ages 17-19 then slowly stopped for some reason. I think they changed their formula or something and it's not what it used to be. I tried using it again a year and a half ago and it just left me with cysts all over my face.

I think the regimen works great for A LOT of people. This website also has an extremely helpful staff and support that will answer and assist you with any questions that you have about the regimen. I did not have the best experience with it though.

Your acne seems similar to mine. I am a 25 year old man and breakout with a few inflamed pimples daily. I have tried the regimen 2 different times for at least a year both times. I did it a second time when I was 23 as I felt that maybe my acne had become less resistant. I also followed it exactly how Dan describes with only Acne.org products and was always super gentle. I slowly went up to the 2 full pumps as well.

One thing that I know for sure is that it did decrease my breakouts. The problem is it never got me clear and I would still breakout. I feel like people that it works for have a different kind of acne that is not as resistant. This is just speculation on my part and I could be totally wrong but if you look at this chart: http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

According to the chart, many people's breakouts start clearing much quicker after as early as 2 weeks. Even for people with moderate acne, it says that many people are clear after 5-8 weeks. My experience has been nothing like that chart and I did not see any results at all until 3-4 months and those were not really good enough for me. Instead of getting 10 big papules a week I would get 5.

The amount of time it takes to do (20 minutes in the morning, 20 at night), the constant dryness and flakiness (even with Dan's Moisturizer and Jojoba Oil), and the eczema or dermatitis that I developed were just not worth it for me for marginal results.

I do not want to discourage you from trying it but I think it is important for you to know experiences from people who it has not worked out for. We may have similar instances of adult acne so that could potentially be a factor too.

As another user pointed out, maybe spiro would work for you if you decide not to try the regimen. I wish I could take it but that is not something that I am going to put in my body as a male.

I think it depends on how congested your pores are. That's why the purging and acne clearing rates are different for everyone. I also believe that you should use the aha with the regimen. Sometimes your top layers of skin need to be sloughed off so those acne fighting topicals can penetrate better. An 8% aha cream has made all the difference in my acne regimen.

Thanks Brandy - i guess since my skin is already so dry i am afraid of making it worse and the fact that proactiv adn acanya has been such a nightmare for me....well...i am apprehensive.

Still looking at it as a possible treatment.

i may be contacting you though as other treatment has failed

Hello all, so i have moderate inflamed acne all over my face as well as smaller red bumps and i have tried: Proactive Murad Retinoids BP (as a spot treatment here and there) Antibiotics Acanya Accutane Birth Control If all these high powered drugs failed, could the regimen possibly help. My skin is very dry from all the crap ive put on my face but looks oily (i am a 29yr old adult) I break out everyday with 2-4 new inflamed pimples plus smaller ones I am afraid of making it much worse. So my question is, can the regimen work for me and is suitable for skin that is already dried out. My hormonal issues are clearly driving me to breakout everyday so need some input if this is something worth looking into I have tried holistic approach with diet (8 mths), holistic dr's (5 months) to no avail....so discouraged.
The regimen could really work for you. Give it a shot! I would get the aha too. When was the last time you used Murad? Murad is crap! I had really bad cystic acne when I was 16-17 and I'm 23 now. The Murad acne complex worked great for me ages 17-19 then slowly stopped for some reason. I think they changed their formula or something and it's not what it used to be. I tried using it again a year and a half ago and it just left me with cysts all over my face.
I think the regimen works great for A LOT of people. This website also has an extremely helpful staff and support that will answer and assist you with any questions that you have about the regimen. I did not have the best experience with it though. Your acne seems similar to mine. I am a 25 year old man and breakout with a few inflamed pimples daily. I have tried the regimen 2 different times for at least a year both times. I did it a second time when I was 23 as I felt that maybe my acne had become less resistant. I also followed it exactly how Dan describes with only Acne.org products and was always super gentle. I slowly went up to the 2 full pumps as well. One thing that I know for sure is that it did decrease my breakouts. The problem is it never got me clear and I would still breakout. I feel like people that it works for have a different kind of acne that is not as resistant. This is just speculation on my part and I could be totally wrong but if you look at this chart: http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html According to the chart, many people's breakouts start clearing much quicker after as early as 2 weeks. Even for people with moderate acne, it says that many people are clear after 5-8 weeks. My experience has been nothing like that chart and I did not see any results at all until 3-4 months and those were not really good enough for me. Instead of getting 10 big papules a week I would get 5. The amount of time it takes to do (20 minutes in the morning, 20 at night), the constant dryness and flakiness (even with Dan's Moisturizer and Jojoba Oil), and the eczema or dermatitis that I developed were just not worth it for me for marginal results. I do not want to discourage you from trying it but I think it is important for you to know experiences from people who it has not worked out for. We may have similar instances of adult acne so that could potentially be a factor too. As another user pointed out, maybe spiro would work for you if you decide not to try the regimen. I wish I could take it but that is not something that I am going to put in my body as a male.
I think it depends on how congested your pores are. That's why the purging and acne clearing rates are different for everyone. I also believe that you should use the aha with the regimen. Sometimes your top layers of skin need to be sloughed off so those acne fighting topicals can penetrate better. An 8% aha cream has made all the difference in my acne regimen.

I used Murad around the age of 15-17 too - nada. Weighing the pros and cons of regimen though