Dairy ..the Root Of...

Notifications
Clear all

Dairy ..the Root Of All Evil...what Cured My Adult Acne.

MemberMember
(@spirit77)

Posted : 09/11/2012 1:26 pm

Ok , so I joined acne.org purely to tell you guys what has cleared my face completely .....and I mean COMPLETLEY because I never would have figured it out if not for you guys on the forums. I'm 26 , female and had no experience with acne until 2 years ago , it came hard and fast and I didn't know how to cope with it, I tried eveerrrrything under the sun. About 3 weeks before I found my cure I was hit with the worst breakout of my life, I am still working on the scars 3 months later.

It's simple , but not easy , remove all dairy , the results were literally amazing , I was starting to forget a time when i had clear skin , when i started I had 6 painful under the skin pimples and now for the last 2 months have not had one. I have my clear face back and I couldn't be happier , no dairy is worth it 100% for me. Since I started I can even have a little bit of dairy every day as long as I don't go overboard. I wish I had taken pictures because I know it's a lot more convincing but I don't want even a single reminder of that time. If your pimples are red, inflamed and under the skin like mine please try no dairy it might be the solution to your acne problem. Hope this helps at least one person out there. :)

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 09/19/2012 1:17 pm

i removed gluten for the same reason, its helped a bit but not a ton.

im doing rice removal right now as a trial for 2 weeks. dairy will be next (the only thing i eat is cheese right now) but im hoping that something is the answer!

MemberMember
(@kedojoh)

Posted : 09/20/2012 9:21 am

I have had the exact same results. Dairy free has made all the difference in the world for my acne. i've been battling acne since middle school and now 28yrs old. No dairy is worth the problems I used to have. It's just a lifestyle change for me because I can't even have a little bit of dairy. I have to read all labels before eating and I'm fine with that. It's worth it to me. :)

MemberMember
(@spirit77)

Posted : 09/20/2012 1:36 pm

Im glad you found your problem was dairy too , its quite easy to fix once your aware of the cause. What clued me in is I went on a brie cheese and red pepper jelly kick as my brothers gf brought some over , and I was eating quite a bit of cheese during the week and that's what kick started the worst breakout ever and on my cheeks which I never broke out on before. So really if it wasn't for that cheese obsession and subsequent face assault I never would've figured it out. But the main problem was cows milk which was why i broke out in inflamed underneath the skin pimples on my chin , for the longest time i thought it was hormonal. I am still able to eat cheese it's just cutting my intake by like 70 percent of overall dairy and I avoid straight milk eg. Cereal, I feel the cows milk removal is the biggest contributing factor to my clear skin.

I mean remove it all for a month or two to be sure and I mean allll like check ingredients , and then if you clear up slowly introduce some dairy back. Good luck guys :)

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 09/20/2012 10:38 pm

i am almost done my rice removal test (1 more week) and then im moving onto dairy. im going to cut it out for 14 days straight and see if that makes a difference. do you think thats long enough to judge? i get those bumps under the skin that never come to a head (i call them cysts but maybe thats not what they are)

i never drink milk or eat yogurt however i do enjoy cheeses and ice cream and cream in my coffee (when i have one) so hopefully dairy is the trick.

im 28 now too and have had inflamed acne on my chin for about 2 years now. thought gluten removal was the answer but sounds like it might be dairy.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/22/2012 9:58 am

Well done

MemberMember
(@spirit77)

Posted : 09/24/2012 11:28 pm

Hey guys. For me it was about two weeks that I noticed I wasn't breaking out every other day anymore , I literally have not had any acne for the last month , not one , I'm so so relieved I hope dearly it's dairy for you guys as well. It may not even be dairy as a whole but something dairy specific like milk but cheese is fine for you....I was going to try gluten before dairy but just could not do it my diet it way to westernized and so much hidden gluten. I say two weeks and you should see a difference but that was just for me, good luck :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/03/2012 2:11 pm

Enjoy life with clear skin!

MemberMember
(@spirit77)

Posted : 12/15/2012 4:03 pm

Alright guys ive come to give you one last update post before i disappear . Its been about 5 months since I found my cure and I'm still clear!! About a month ago I had cereal with cows milk and whamo got a painful cyst on my left cheek a day or two later so I can say with full certainty cows milk was my trigger . However good news to report is that I can still eat cheese :) I've been full blow gorging on cheese since its Xmas time and not a single pimple yayyyyy. I've come this one last time to post in hopes i help someone out there. i truly hope to never have to return here again and hope the same for all of you. I know acne is caused for different reasons in everyone , I happened to be lucky and figure out what my trigger is , give it a go , you should see results and if you don't then move on but just give no dairy a fighting chance because I could not be more happy to see my clear face again and remove that stressor from my life . I know my acne was caused by allergies or a reaction because I am using nothing but water and a simple organic face wash which I'm not even consistent with anymore since I don't have to worry About new pimples ....seriously , myface care routine could not be more simple ...water and sometimes if I'm feeling not lazy i will use my cleanser. Good luck to all you guys out there and I sincerely hope you all find your cure one day and can enjoy your life fully again :)

MemberMember
(@ohmygod)

Posted : 12/15/2012 8:49 pm

Must be really hard to stay off dairy, because milk ingredients is in a ton of food products..

Atleast lactose intolerance people can usually take a pill with the dairy food theyre about to consume

Great to hear you found your cure!