Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lindseyloowho

Newbie Seeking Tca Cross Houston Tx

Hello All smile.png

I have followed this website for many years and have often loitered n lurked the forums when needing guidance, advice, or just reassurance that Im not the ONLY PERSON ON THE WHOLE PLANET with these issues. It sure sometimes felt like it... Well since Im a new girl here is a little about me and my struggle. I battled severe cystic acne for approximately 13 years.. sigh. After every zit medication under the stars and TWO funfilled Accutane treatments I have been mostly blemish free for a good while smile.png HOWEVER that bad business left some pretty severe scars on both my face and my heart. I always hoped over time the personal emotional drama would fade taking the pockmarks with them but sadly.. never happened. SO..I am now seeking a procedure called TCA Cross to help with the toil and trouble. From all the research, and procedure pics Ive found this treatment seems the most efficent and cost effective in treating my particular scarring. (icepix, boxcars and a roller) I am in the North Houston area and am suprised at how difficult is has become to find an experienced Dr. who does this! Can anyone offer some sort of direction here? Ive heard of a Dr. Ramsey but he has gotten several not so pleasant reviews... Any advice, referrals or what-have-yous are all welcome. Thanks In advance!

Hello All smile.png

I have followed this website for many years and have often loitered n lurked the forums when needing guidance, advice, or just reassurance that Im not the ONLY PERSON ON THE WHOLE PLANET with these issues. It sure sometimes felt like it... Well since Im a new girl here is a little about me and my struggle. I battled severe cystic acne for approximately 13 years.. sigh. After every zit medication under the stars and TWO funfilled Accutane treatments I have been mostly blemish free for a good while smile.png HOWEVER that bad business left some pretty severe scars on both my face and my heart. I always hoped over time the personal emotional drama would fade taking the pockmarks with them but sadly.. never happened. SO..I am now seeking a procedure called TCA Cross to help with the toil and trouble. From all the research, and procedure pics Ive found this treatment seems the most efficent and cost effective in treating my particular scarring. (icepix, boxcars and a roller) I am in the North Houston area and am suprised at how difficult is has become to find an experienced Dr. who does this! Can anyone offer some sort of direction here? Ive heard of a Dr. Ramsey but he has gotten several not so pleasant reviews... Any advice, referrals or what-have-yous are all welcome. Thanks In advance!

Welcome! If you have any significant scarring I would advice against TCA Cross. I have had it done several times, including having done it myself (at a much cheaper rate then what doctors will charge.) At first I thought I had good results, but after comparing photos over a set period of time there was little to no improvement. This doesn't mean you won't have improvement but I think it a highly hyped way of treating scars. Any results from TCA are almost always underwhelming which is a big reason why you rarely see any real before-after pictures or significant unbiased studies with REAL proof.

For icepick, boxcars and rolling scars your best bet is Ablative Laser treatments ( I would advise against non-ablative laser treatments.) I had some satisfying results with the Ultrapulse laser and the Fraxel :Repair. I am actually going in for another laser operation a few days before Halloween. Perfect timing, now I won't have to buy a mask as I am sure I will scare many people with my burned, swollen face!

Thank you so much for your advice. I have moved past the TCA thought process and am leaning towards subciscion and ablative laser. I made a new post with pictures if you have any more advice/thoughts to share. I would post a link to it but do not know how... GL with ur laser treatment. Im sure you wont look scary for Halloween but crazy amazing for the holidays after. Best Wishes -L.