Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acollegekid

I Feel Like These Scars Are Never Going To Fade..

Posted

Earlier this year, I went on accutane due to my severe acne and it was probably the best decision i have ever made. Tretinoin, proactiv, natural oils, dieting tricks, bp, sal acid, antibiotics, etc etc never help people who get severe acne the way accutane does! I really regret waiting so long to do it. I had great results but unfortunately was left with lots of bad scarring sad.png. I ended my 4th month of accutane in may (80 mg/day) and that was about 4 months ago! My current routine is just using cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer everyday, as well as a sunscreen sometimes. How long is it going to take for these spots to go away and what can I do to help them go faster? Im virtually free of acne, and my skin feels really soft and smooth but it looks just as bad or worse compared to when I had my acne. I feel like I can't be he person I want to be until these spots are gone!

Thanks

post-184064-0-85857400-1347341252.png

post-184064-0-81996400-1347341259_thumb.

post-184064-0-19611400-1347341263_thumb.

post-184064-0-71835600-1347341268_thumb.

post-184064-0-13949600-1347341272_thumb.

post-184064-0-16169400-1347341287_thumb.

post-184064-0-85857400-1347341252.png

post-184064-0-81996400-1347341259_thumb.

post-184064-0-19611400-1347341263_thumb.

post-184064-0-71835600-1347341268_thumb.

post-184064-0-13949600-1347341272_thumb.

post-184064-0-16169400-1347341287_thumb.

Posted

Your skin looks really good and healthy

Posted

they will fade with time and patience. There are many things you can try to help reduce your scars and i am leaving out any surgical procedures since your scars do not seem severe. Try reading and researching the net and look for reviews about certain products. I am currently looking to treat marks left by acne as well since i have been completely clear for a month or so. I want to avoid any further uses of harsh substances or chemicals so i chose to try a more natural route. Using Manuka honey 16+ for evenings as a wash/mask left on for about 30 min before bed and a 100% aloe vera moisturizer as a face lotion. Read extensive info stating both of those can help reduce acne marks. There are tons of other products, like AHA, BHA, peels, etc... just research and decided which would be best. I just think all natural is good, because even if it doesn't help with the scars much, it will still be beneficial for your skin, so its a win/win situation. But your scars will Def get better with time.

Posted

I'm with you on the all natural approach!! I tried using retin-a .0025 a few weeks ago and I quit right away because I got my first few zits since being off accutane.

I've used tretinoin products on and off for probably close to 5 years now and have NEVER been happy with it. People say it makes you break out before it starts working but I just break out until I stop using it. What I have been doing recently is scrubbing with olive oil and baking soda every night before bed and then rinsing it off in a cool shower. It's not causing any reaction so I think I will stick with it. I've heard good things about chemical peels; does anyone know what chemical peel is most suited for my scar type?

Posted (edited)

I agree with kiton23 on the aloe vera gel. But I know alot of people make the mistake of not wearing sunscreen outside so I would do that EVERYDAY it will def. help with the redness also I don't know how serious you are about getting rid of them but I use a cream from DERMAGIST called acne scar removal cream it is $80 but its probably going to last me about 2 1/12 to 3 months and it has done some good things on my skin. I am currently on Accutane and that stuff makes your skin thinner and redder in the first place but this cream calms my skin and lightened my red marks (which I was kind of shocked since Accutane slowes down healing process of skin) and it has started to close up some little scars. i have only used for month and half but Im almost certain if I keep this cream up its going to bring my skin back to normal. Its all about time (unfortunetly).

I would read the ingredients first just incase your skin is sensitive to any product. This cream is all natural so it shouldnt contain anything in there to irritate your skin but just in case you know your skin better than I do so just google search it.

Edited by stephie14

Posted

Lactic acid peels.

Posted

Steph i am very serious about removing these scars. Im just not sure what the best way to go about doing this is. My scars are not very depressed, but they are textured differently than my normal skin. They seem to be kind of rough and dry feeling. I will take your advice and try to wear sunscreen everyday because i understand that the sun will turn them darker.

Gables,

Why do you suggest lactic acid peels over other ones?

Posted

Steph i am very serious about removing these scars. Im just not sure what the best way to go about doing this is. My scars are not very depressed, but they are textured differently than my normal skin. They seem to be kind of rough and dry feeling. I will take your advice and try to wear sunscreen everyday because i understand that the sun will turn them darker.

Gables,

Why do you suggest lactic acid peels over other ones?

AHAs recommended over BHAs for scarring. Glycolic and lactic are both AHAs, but glycolic at a high strength will make your face feel like it is burning off. I would start out with lactic, maybe try a glycolic, and then after your skin is used to it, get a professional Jessner or TCA peel.

Lactic and glycolic are safe to do at home if you build up to it, but I would never do a Jessner or TCA peel at home.

Posted (edited)

Why only sometimes? I'm using Eucerin Spf 30 for Sensitive Skin lately and it seems to be okay--no breakouts or trouble.

You know what you have to do--rebuild collagen. In addition to the peels, have you tried a retinoid, or copper? What did your derm say?

There are hyaluronic acid fillers for pockmarks in the meantime http://www.ehow.com/...ark-filler.html

(Unfortunately I can only find these on Ebay, but they exist.)

I am getting so desperate, I might spring for a dermaroller, but because I still have active acne...I don't know that I should.

Good luck.

Edited by bizz

Posted

Retinoids have always made me breakout, I don't like them and won't use them. What do you mean when you say copper?