Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadly duster

Given Up Hope

I am posting this as my last resort, I am a 15 year old boy and I have had bad acne for three years and it has taken away my entire life, when I'm not at school, I'm staring at myself in the mirror wondering, why me? This is my second year of high school and I haven't been able to introduce myself to a girl yet, I have tried everything to get rid of my acne, and I'm tired of worrying, I haven't relaxed in years, and I'm tired of going to bed completely exhausted from be stressed about it, any help will be appreciated, I can't live on like this.

Okay man, just keep at it! itll get better! right now i have a huge pimple on the left side of my face just next to my nose, and a couple on my chin and side of my mouth! it sucks man!

Why you? It's biology. Nothing you can do to change that. However, there are lots of things you can do to treat your acne, like trying the regimen for starters. You're awfully young to have given up hope!

I completely agree with rush25. I am in the same boat as you, though because of the regimen, my acne has started to clear up and I also don't care what others think. And about introducing yourself to a girl, if she truly likes you, she won't care about any outward imperfections. There are tons of guys at my school who have acne and girlfriends.

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

^ This will explain everything :)

In short, it is a three step process in which you cleanse, treat, and moisturize your skin.

You can either buy products from Acne. Org, or find your products from your local drugstore.

And here's the guide for getting the right products if you decide to try it:

http://www.acne.org/acne-products-guide.html

A lot of people have had great success with the regimen, perhaps look at some youtube videos on it, and google the regimen for reviews, that way you can decide if this is something you are willing to try, I definitely think you should though, I mean, what do you have to lose except your acne?

PLEASE READ THIS it will save you a lot of time I wasted a lot of time doing these things which did nothing for acne.

First of all college is supposed to be the best time of your life don't worry, I went through most of high school with acne it doesn't matter too much, you still have time and even if you have acne in college the older people get the less and less they care about acne, I remember when I was in 8th-9th grade with acne people would comment on it a lot, and as I got older and older still with acne people commented less and less on it even though I still had acne. This is because people either don't care because they're thinking about their own matters and are busy, and/or they understand that acne is just a genetic condition because they're older and more experienced, unlike little kids who have nothing to do and don't really know what acne is so they comment/make jokes about it.

Try the Dan Kern regimen, it has helped many people and I myself am going to try it when I run out of my aczone and epiduo prescription medications probably in a few months. Let me give you two VERY IMPORTANT pieces of advice that I've learned from having acne for over 5 years:

1. Don't rely on prescriptions/dermatologists to get rid of your acne. The thing about prescriptions is that they're strong and they work well, but only for a short period of time and then the acne comes back. Like antibiotics work, but virtually everyone who has used them has had their acne come back stronger than ever. Also with accutane it works for a lot of people but also it comes back for a lot of people, and there are tons of really bad side effects from accutane like liver damage, depression, lack of sex drive, and other effects that can take place even years after you get off accutane. Also topical prescription gels/creams such as differin, aczone, retin-a (I've used two of these) work for maybe 6 months or so for most people, and then the skin gets used to it (not in a good way), and they stop working.

2. Don't look for diet as the ultimate cure. In case you don't know, food is HUGE when it comes to acne. What you put in your body is what will come out of your skin, if you eat McDonalds every day you will have really bad acne, and if you only eat vegetables and drink water every day your acne will get better.During the last 5 months, I researched hours every day especially during the summer trying to find the best holistic cures for acne. I tried cutting out dairy, wheat, processed vegetable oils, soy, sweets, basically everything that tastes good. I was eating salads with no dressing every day, lots and lots of carrots, probiotic pills, fiber supplements, at one point I even drank 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day for like 2 weeks, and at the end of that my stomach got so upset that I threw up and had to come home from school. I made a HUGE effort to eat a very clean and healthy diet, and unfortunately I lost 10 pounds from trying to eat so many fruits and vegetables (which is bad because I'm already underweight). There would be some weeks where I eat really clean and my acne gets a lot better, but one day my friends invite me to eat outside, and after that one meal BOOM those weeks go down the drain and my acne gets worse again. Now don't get me wrong, I learned so much about diet and living a holistic lifestyle, and I truly believe that cutting all those things out and eating very healthy foods like that can extend a person's life by 5-10 years. I felt healthier and I felt like I had more energy when I ate very healthy too. But let's get real here, I wasn't doing this because I had some ultimate goal of health and longevity; I was just a teenager who was really frustrated and wanted to get rid of acne. And I didn't want to eat salads every day for the rest of my life. So my mistake was focusing too much on eating healthy, I wanted to be so pure that I didn't put any topicals on my face, I didn't even wash my face with soap I only used water. But this indirect way of treating acne didn't really do anything, and I was left with a skinnier body and I still had a lot of acne.

It really sucks when you have to buy expensive creams/pills from a dermatologist that has side effects and stops working after a while. And it also sucks to restrict your diet so much, that you're afraid of going out to a restaurant with your family or a burger joint with your friends, because you're afraid that the food you eat there will give you acne (which it definitely will). I think you should try Dan's regimen, I'm going to try it too and I know what it's like to get rid of acne (but it was only temporary of course and now my acne is back because it was just creams from the dermatologist), it feels so good to have a smooth face and not have to worry about if what you eat is going to give you more acne the next day. Dan's regimen will take 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night so 30 minutes total a day, but I think 30 minutes a day is worth it to have clear skin without worrying about spending a lot of money and dealing with lots of side effects, or restricting your diet so much and not being able to have fun with friends.

Edited by AcneIsACurse

Greasy food and chocolate have little to no effect on the development of acne. This is a common myth. However, for some people, dairy products and foods high in carbs can trigger acne.

Just try the regimen. Follow it EXACTLY as written. It's not difficult and it's been super effective for so many of us.

Hey I can feel you, My acne started when I was 11 years old and It broke out really bad too and tried almost everything and DAN regimen is only regimen that works. Now I am 23 years old and currently on regimen for 2 years,my face now is clear, don't give up please, just don't think what other people think about you.

First of all do not masturbate and go to a derm if your acne is severe. Try eating as healthy as possible with lots of apples and melons. You tube baba ramdev yoga for skin disease, youth etc. and start doing hardcore yoga including headstand and shoulder stand.

Since I posted this, me acne has gotten noticeably worse, and since Im 15, I can't exactly afford the regimen, does anyone have any good over the counter treatments that they would recommend?

I would just like to say that I feel for you, I really do. My acne started when I was 8 or 9 and it's gotten progressivley worse since (I'm 13 now) My derm wanted to put me on accutane when I was 11, but thankfully I declined. Having severe acne at ages like ours forces you to grow up faster. I haven't started the regimen yet, as I'm waiting for some feedback on potential BP products. Best of luck to you, but don't give up. You'll figure out the secret to your skin someday, hopefully soon.

Read the products link posted above. It lists all of the recommended regimen products available at the drugstore.

Since I posted this, me acne has gotten noticeably worse, and since Im 15, I can't exactly afford the regimen, does anyone have any good over the counter treatments that they would recommend?

You can do The Regimen with store products. Here are some we like. http://www.acne.org/acne-products-guide.html

Once you have your supplies, follow the instructions explicitly. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

For the short version, go here: http://www.acne.org/checklist.html

If you have any problems, email me. I'll help you through it. http://www.acne.org/contactus.php