Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am curently taking Doxycycline 100mg and hae been for about a month. it has helped me, but now i have gotten a breakout. Though it isn't as bad as my acne was before i started taking them, I would just like 2 know if it would help me if i started taking 2 a day instead of 1. Before these, i was on some sort of birth control pill. it was working like a charm then my derm put me on this. I dont kno if i should stick with the Doxy. or switch back. doubt.gif

Hi, with all due respect, it's insane to alter your meds without the doctors approval, and you should know better. Doxycycline, and other antibiotics for acne will usually take many weeks to kick in. I think they are a bad idea though.

some sort of birth control pill?

neutral.gif k u all r starting to sound like the lil preppy asses at school lol j/k. anyways, its called Ortho Tri-Cyclen, it decreases testosterone levels, which in turn decreases the severity of acne in women and men which have hormonal type acne. Studies show about a 50% decrease in total "lesions". About the insane comment, ok sorry, i didn't know if i could or not, thats why i posted this topic. Why is Doxy. a bad idea? are there side effects that i should know about? No i did not grow breasts....and yes you can put this in your (book) if you want to. eusa_clap.gif