Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help, I just started college today and my skin was looking really good.. Until I put makeup on! I am using a bare mineral powder foundation and my skin started to peel off, literally my skin was so dry it looked awful! I don't know what to do.. It's not am option not to wear makeup because my skins still bad..

I just don't want people to see me at college tomorrow!

What do I do?! Should I use a liquid foundation?? If so, what brand is best?

Thanks

If you're on the Regimen at the moment I would personally steer well clear of any powder foundations as they've always had the skin peeling effect you're describing with me too. I've found that if I use liquid foundation it does this a little bit too (although nowhere near as much) so I use liquid foundation as a concealer rather than all over the face and that solves the problem, though I suppose it depends how much you need to cover up as to how practical that would be for you. Also to do that you need one that matches your skin tone exactly.

I haven't tried many different brands but have been using Maybelline's Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation for a few years without too many problems. It's labelled oil free and non-comodogenic which is always good. It doesn't give a particularly heavy coverage but it works well enough for me and doesn't make me break out.

Hope some of that was helpful and good luck! =)

Powder foundation will definitely exacerbate the appearance of dry skin. If dry skin is an issue, I'd recommend trying Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup.