Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Estranged

Sandwich Ideas?

Hey everyone, was just wondering about what I can have on my sandwiches for school? I'm kinda scared to eat a lot of different foods because I'm scared I'll break out :/ Someone please help me

Oh and any ideas for snacks I can take for school? All I really take is an apple a 4 slices of bread.. does not fill me up at all..

Er... don't eat bread. Get gluten-free bread or bagels. I take a gluten-free bagel (made by Udi, best brand I've found) with hummus and baby carrots to school.

Dried fruits and nuts can be a filling snack. If you have a Trader Joe's near you they have a good selection of trail mixes. You can combine them to make some great combinations. Their sunflower seeds are fresh - I buy thise separately and add them to my favorite mixes if they aren't incuded.

I like to make sandwiches with avocado, tomato, cucumber and cilantro. Sounds weird but it's good on whole bread.

You can have a snack of almonds and carrots. Doesn't sound that delicious but those are acne fighting foods.

I like to make sandwiches with avocado, tomato, cucumber and cilantro. Sounds weird but it's good on whole bread.

You can have a snack of almonds and carrots. Doesn't sound that delicious but those are acne fighting foods.

how do this foods fight acne?

You might consider abandoning sandwiches alltogether--best thing I ever did. Lots of other lunch ideas out there. I found that the combo of bread, deli meats, condiments, gluten, etc. was like hellfire for me. Just a thought.

I already eat a salad with a carrot, a tomato, and cucumber every day when I get home.. Not that keen on eating any more of that at school

I would recommend not eating sandwiches at all unless you can find things that absolutely will not break you out. I used to sometimes eat sandwiches with almond butter and avocado on it, sounds healthy right? It made me break out because nuts tend to give people more acne, and avocados can possibly give people more acne because of its high omega 6 content (nuts have a lot of omega 6 as well).