Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reyrey

Good Foundation While On The Regimen?

Hi ladies, I know that this has probably been addressed before, but I would like to purchase a good foundation that works well on the regimen. I haven't really had any problems with flakiness/dryness with my makeup and i'm almost on the 3rd week, unfortunately I'm still breaking out almost every day, just one pimple at the most, but still. I didn't have "acne" just a lot of hyper pigmentation, but i went on the pill and it fuc*** with my hormones, made me break out like crazy, I got off it after 2 months and my skin just hasn't been the same, hence why I'm on the regimen, I do have a lot of hyper pigmentation so I do need a good foundation to cover that up, and a few pimples as well, I am currently using a nars sheer glow foundation but may be worried it's breaking me out,(although it provides excellent coverage) I'd like to switch to something different, I'm thinking bare minerals? But worried it's too drying on the regimen, can anyone recommend a good foundation? Also, would the makeup I'm currently using be affecting the regimen process? Or is being on the regimen takes care of it all together? I get that we shouldn't be really using makeup on the regimen, however there's no way I feel confident enough going out with a bare face, at least not right now :[

Edited by reyrey

I have been using bare minerals while on the regimen. I am also wondering if there is something better though. bare minerals has been fine for me and to spot cover i just use a q-tip and dab more bare minerals on the redness. it never seems to completely blend in with my skin though, but I also don't really press the brush very hard because i don't want more irritation! I think you should give bare minerals a try though, i have been using for over a year and i think (hope) it doesn't contribute to break outs. I wish i was confident to go around without makeup...not yet though

If you like NARS Sheer Glow, you should try Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup. They are very similar, but I feel like the Neutrogena feels better on the skin.

I'd skip Bare Minerals. I feel like there are so many other foundations out there (high-end and drugstore) that are far superior, plus you run the risk of irritation from the bismuth oxychloride.

I have to agree with Rush25, I use Neutrogena healthy skin foundation and have since I have been doing the regimen (3 months) and it works great over Dan's products, doesn't break me out and provides good coverage. Mineral makeups only make dry skin look worse and Bismuth Oxycloride can clog pores, make you itch and irritate your skin even further. Before using Neutrogena, I was using Loreal Bare Minerals foundation and quit because it was causing a lot more problems. Good luck!

I also use the Neutrogena healthy skin liquid foundation (oil free). I brought it specifically for when I started using the regimen. I do mix it with Revlon color stay foundation when I feel I need extra coverage. Thus far, it hasn't caused me to breakout more than I normally do. However, I'm very new to the regimen (4 days to be precise).