Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

This is my first time writing on this website and I just wanted to get some feed back from the users. I'll start off by saying that I have struggled with acne for almost 10 years. I have used almost every over the counter medication, been to numerous dermatologists, spent weeks hiding in my room after acne peels, and as a last ditch effort to cure my acne started a cycle of Accutane. My acne is now at bay but I still get occasional breakouts around 'that time of the month' and also when life catches up with me- not getting enough sleep, long work hours, not eating a healthy diet. I would like to share my experiences with others and would also like to know what products you are using and especially what you look for in an acne product (ingredients, price, etc.)

1. Face wash- what ingredients do you prefer? Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulfur?

Do you look for products that claim to be 'oil free', 'non-comedogenic', etc.

Do you prefer a face wash that lathers or has a more creamy texture?

2. Facial wipes/toners- What brands do you use? Any ingredients that have irritated your face? What products are good for sensitive skin that are prone to acne breakouts. How would you make a change to the toner you are using?

3. Topical gels/creams- What % do you use? What products make your face peel? What products have helped eliminate acne scars/pigmentation marks?

4. Moisturizer- Do you prefer products with SPF? What are key ingredients that you look for/avoiding?

Overall I would like to get feedback about your acne product experience and what key things you look for before buying a product. If you could change anything about a particular product i'd love to hear it. There have been so many products that I have loved over the years and they are soon discontinued. I'm wondering why that is and would like to hear the communities response about products you truly love- and most of all why. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing about your acne adventures!