Notifications
Clear all

Higher Consciousness

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 09/09/2012 4:18 pm

I've been trying to make an effort to raise my level of consciousness and its really freakin trippy. I practice meditation and I think I am getting better at it, also I have been feeling a lot better mentally. I have suffered from anxiety and depression for a long time (depression not just from acne), but now I feel just much better. meditation, prayer, diet, exercise, and the right supplements have really gave me some strong ground to stand on.

WIthout straying away from the topic... does anyone else here practice mediation and focused on raising consciousness?

If so, if you have any recommended material please list them.. books, youtube vids, whatever.

I truly do believe there is some sort of higher power, higher energy that flows through all of us and with practice you can connect and use that power.

Oh and one thing that comes to mind is The Secret, which is about the law of attraction. I suppose that would fit into this topic as well. I think I am believing more in the law of attraction as well.

MemberMember
(@j-star-2)

Posted : 09/09/2012 6:19 pm

I like the Law of Attraction radio channel and specifically Constance Arnold's Think, Believe and Manifest talk show. I also like guided meditation/relaxation and ASMR videos on youtube! I watch them everyday and they help me feel better about myself, see the big picture and be kinder!

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 09/24/2012 2:44 am

I've been trying to make an effort to raise my level of consciousness and its really freakin trippy. I practice meditation and I think I am getting better at it, also I have been feeling a lot better mentally. I have suffered from anxiety and depression for a long time (depression not just from acne), but now I feel just much better. meditation, prayer, diet, exercise, and the right supplements have really gave me some strong ground to stand on.

WIthout straying away from the topic... does anyone else here practice mediation and focused on raising consciousness?

If so, if you have any recommended material please list them.. books, youtube vids, whatever.

I truly do believe there is some sort of higher power, higher energy that flows through all of us and with practice you can connect and use that power.

Oh and one thing that comes to mind is The Secret, which is about the law of attraction. I suppose that would fit into this topic as well. I think I am believing more in the law of attraction as well.

I recently read The secret and it does make sense, it says you always attract things that you talk and think about the most. Acne is all i think about and I do talk about it alot to my gf or my family. You gotta be happy in order for your body to heal, I actually believe in it because it makes so much sense. Have your skin improved lately because of your emotion and meditation? Im just curious

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 09/24/2012 5:16 am

Besides meditation start doing hardcore yoga. Youtube baba ramdev yoga for skin disease, youth etc. Headstand and shoulder stand yoga twice daily. Will help you tremendously.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 09/24/2012 6:36 pm

What do you mean when you say "raise your level of consciousness"? Also, what form of meditation are you practising?

I think most people practise one form or another of meditation even when they themselves don't realize they are doing so. Daydreaming is a form of meditation, for instance, according to some.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 09/25/2012 11:10 pm

instead of reading some boring article would you please elaborate on this "law of attraction" in terms that make sense and is not vague. I find this intriguing

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 09/26/2012 12:18 am

I don't even know if I can really explain it since I don't fully understand it myself. I will say I practice thinking about what I want every single day, its been that way for a few months now and right now where I stand in life is a blessing.

From my understanding, the law of attraction is simply the idea that thoughts become reality. Therefore if you think negatively most of the time then you will attract that negative feeling, event, whatever, into your life and vice versa.

I found some interesting vids on you tube but they are on my other computer so I cant link them right now.

To Tony, yes absolutely. Thinking postively has made a huge impact on my life. My skin is the best its been in years and although I cannot say that the law of attraction is what caused my skin to be clear, its hella trippy that this is all happening at a certain time in my life where not just my skin but so many things are coming together. Everyday has been a true blessing.

I say its a trip b/c this is not who I was just 2 months ago. anyhow.

And someone asked what I meant by higher consciousness. I guess the best way I could explain what I mean with this is raising the level of awareness that you have, allowing your mind to think on a higher level than you might not ordinarily do had you not made a conscious effort to do so. An effort to connect to something greater than yourself, a universe that connects us all.

Prob sounds silly to most but if you are a spiritual person I am sure you can relate.

Oh and I saw the Secret on netflix (documentary about law of attraction) a long long time ago and I always thought it was bull crap. I really started to try to think positive b/c I hated feeling so crappy all the time and I figured it wouldn't hurt to do so.

MemberMember
(@cosmic-crusader)

Posted : 10/03/2012 3:21 pm

Try transitioning to a vegetarian or vegan diet. Many spiritual leaders have said this lightens our energy, allowing the energy within to flow freely without the dampening energy of flesh. Depending on how far you want to go with it, try short juice fasts or even a raw food experiment. Gabriel Cousens has written some books you might find interesting: conscious eating, rainbow green live food cuisine.

Check out these books: DMT: the spirit molecule, fingerprints of the gods, serpent in the sky, and food of the gods. The Tibetan book of the dead is also a trip. I am not necessarily promoting the use of psychedelics, but I do think there is an appropriate place for them in human development. Learning about the human story from different viewpoints really opens you up to what you value as the truth.

Watch zeitgeist, the greatest story ever sold, food matters, the cove, and YouTube Gary Yourofsky's best speech you'll ever hear. Here's a blog entry with some media links you may enjoy:

[Removed]

Pursuing some sort of balancing physical activity (like yoga or tai chi) will supplement a meditation and vegetarian practice.

Your spiritual path is so unique and will continue opening up as you pursue the truth! My life changed when I began learning about food. It opened my perspective to other things I had taken for granted, about agriculture, political policy, religion/spirituality, community, my family, etc. It has truly been a snowball effect. It doesn't have to begin with food, but that was my launching point to rediscovering reality. My awareness has certainly expanded.

I'm so excited for you, good luck!