Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneIsACurse

While On Epiduo, Does Your Moisturizer Have To Have Spf?

I'm in college now and I'm outside all the time, walking to my classes and walking everywhere in the sun. I know you need a moisturizer because BP dries out the skin, but do you need a moisturizer with SPF as well? I don't want to have to put on BP and a moisturizer AND sunscreen, so I'm wondering if I need a moisturizer with SPF or will a regular moisturizer do just fine. I'm not starting this yet but I just want to know in advance. Thanks!

I use a moisturizer with SPF daily because it's really just my favorite and I realized how harmful the sun's rays really are (which sucks as a former sun worshiper like me).

You really should use a moisturizer with SPF (I really fancy Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin) because like you said you're out in the sun and with BP your skin is extra sensitive.

And finding noncomedogenic SPF moisturizers are kind of difficult. I got mine because it was recommended on Dan's list of good stuff. :P Though I'm not on the regimen anymore. I think you'll like it and you won't have to put on billions of layers of creams and stuff every morning.

Yeah I heard good things about the olay spf moisturizer, is a moisturizer really necessary at night though? If you're going to be sleeping in the dark do you really need sun protection? I use Epiduo every night whichis basically BP combined with differin and I haven't ever had to use moisturizer. May I ask why you're not on the regimen anymore btw?