Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnyz

Now That I've Finally Managed To Get Rid Of Most Pimples

I've been using .05 tretinoin and glycolic acid pads to good effect, with a little bit of baking soda and with for a scrub. Only problem is I have a seemingly untypical facial redness in that most of my pores are stained red, stopping at my temples. It's not due to tretinion as it's been like this since I was 17-ish and I'm almost 21 now (only used it recently). If you look closely there's some normal colored skin in between the pores but it's hard to tell as the redness emanates from the pores, and it's worst around the inner cheeks/nose area. The skin is also fine outside of the eyes which is weird.

It's been like this for a while. I've tried other things but nothing's really gotten rid of it or faded it much at all as far as I could tell. Any ideas?

Here's a photo as well: http://i.imgur.com/SepPp.png

Edited by Johnnyz

I dunno, i kind of have a few of those under my eyes. Mine just fade when i dont irritate them. But you have yours for a while so i dunno

You're not supposed to use any acids while using tretinoin. You're also using an exfoliating scrub on top of that. Honestly it just looks like you've inflamed your skin by overdoing it.

Well, I've tried quite a few things over the years, including much milder attempts and none of those things ever reduced redness. Only difference now being pimples have gone down to generally 3 to 0 whereas I had fairly bad moderate acne in my mid teenage years and now I don't. That could be due to age for all I know though.

Anyway, now it's pretty much just gross looking pores and that discoloration as you can see. I'm not even sure if this is rosacea or something completely different. As far as I know rosacea comes and goes but this sticks around 24/7. I went to an esthetician recently and it definitely helped a bit, but she wasn't even really sure what it was.

Edited by Johnnyz

Well, I've tried quite a few things over the years, including much milder attempts and none of those things ever reduced redness. Only difference now being pimples have gone down to generally 3 to 0 whereas I had fairly bad moderate acne in my mid teenage years and now I don't. That could be due to age for all I know though.

Anyway, now it's pretty much just gross looking pores and that discoloration as you can see. I'm not even sure if this is rosacea or something completely different. As far as I know rosacea comes and goes but this sticks around 24/7. I went to an esthetician recently and it definitely helped a bit, but she wasn't even really sure what it was.

Rosacea has a flushing component that comes and goes, but rosacea is also characterized by permanently broken capillaries which make the face red all the time.