Notifications
Clear all

Poor Circulation....?

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 09/09/2012 2:53 pm

I have another bothersome question. Does anyone else experience poor circulation while on accutane? I am always FREEZING cold. My nose and fingers are numb and my lips are blue. Seriously. Is it the meds? I swear, my house if 76 degrees and I'm wearing sweats and socks and I'm still so friggin cold >:(

MemberMember
(@acollegekid)

Posted : 09/19/2012 5:47 pm

I had not really thought about that until I read your post, but I am also really cold a lot haha! My roomates are always fighting with me over the thermometer because I can't sleep when it's under 70. I wear my sweatshirt everywhere unless its like literally 110 degrees outside. Do you really think this could be from accutane?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 09/20/2012 9:46 am

Yes, Yes it can cause poor circulation. Studies are starting to roll out also that it can effect thyroid function, which Hypothyroid can cause poor circulation & feeling of cold even in warm weather. You should advise your derm...as there are other medical issues that Accutane can cause that are related to poor circulation. Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@know-hope)

Posted : 01/04/2013 12:13 pm

Yes, Yes it can cause poor circulation. Studies are starting to roll out also that it can effect thyroid function, which Hypothyroid can cause poor circulation & feeling of cold even in warm weather. You should advise your derm...as there are other medical issues that Accutane can cause that are related to poor circulation. Good Luck!

I just took my 1st 20 mg pill yesterday and within a couple of hours my hands felt freezing cold. I read up on it, popped a niacin and it felt a bit better. Then I started feeling pressure in my head - it didn't hurt really, just felt like pressure was building up. This is just one pill! Should I be worried? I am very sensitive to most medications.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 01/06/2013 10:38 pm

I just took my 1st 20 mg pill yesterday and within a couple of hours my hands felt freezing cold. I read up on it, popped a niacin and it felt a bit better. Then I started feeling pressure in my head - it didn't hurt really, just felt like pressure was building up. This is just one pill! Should I be worried? I am very sensitive to most medications.

I have never taken Nician, but I would call your derm and let them know what has been happening since taking Accutane Better safe then sorry! Have you thyroid checked also, though it may be fine like I said that Accutane can cause thyroid issues and well Thyroid can cause acne.