Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maca94

Bad Acne Cheek Scarring Help

Hi all, I was just hoping any of you could help me. I am very happy with my skin in the sense I rarely get a spot anymore however - I have really bad scarring on my cheeks. It is very red and discoloured from the rest of my skin which is flawless. It is only on my cheeks and when people talk to me I can see they look straight to it. I would say I am a relitively good looking guy and girls find me attractive , it is just these really bad scars which are making me feel shit and shy. Description - there are a few pot hole like marks which when touching you would think I have flawless skin, but it looks horrific! It is also very red. It has been like this for a good year now. I had a course of ro accutane which cleared my skin up and the derm is wanting to put me on another course this week (6 months later) just for the scarring. I am not happy about this cos It made me feel shit before but I HAD to as my skin was so horrendous. I mentioned laser treatment and dermabrasion etc. But she was against it and thought I was an idiot.. (horrid women) so I guess ro accutane is the only option. However if any of you know other ways to get rid of these awful scarred cheeks please enlighten me.I thank you all! I am 17 years old almost 18 in a few weeks.

Cheeks are the most difficult area to treat. Accutane will do nothing for scarring. Once your redness has subsided I suggest you contact a plastic surgeon who is more up on scar treatments.

Why is your doctor putting you on Accutane for scarring? I've never heard of this. Has anyone else?

Following Accutane, you need to wait 6-12 months before you can treat your scars.

Accutane for scarring? O_O

Now, are you talking about hyperpigmentation or actual indented scars?

hi all thanks for the comments. I have maybe 2 of more spots each week which is nothing, it is mostly bad hyperpigmentation. My cheeks are exceedingly red and blotchy. She is putting me on the accutane just for scarring pretty much. I am currently getting the initial breakout which is awful ..

sorry to say this maca94, but go and get another dermatologist. Accutane for acne scars is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You will have to wait for around 12months before you can treat scars after accutane.

hi all thanks for the comments. I have maybe 2 of more spots each week which is nothing, it is mostly bad hyperpigmentation. My cheeks are exceedingly red and blotchy. She is putting me on the accutane just for scarring pretty much. I am currently getting the initial breakout which is awful ..

You are missing the point we are all trying to make, accutane does nothing for scarring. Treating acne is one thing, treating scarring is a completely different ballgame.

I understand, once again thanks for the feedback. I have already started accutane - I do get a few spots here and there but nothing too serious just normal teenage spots - the problem is I used to get it really bad so that's why I have so many scars on my cheeks. The derm told me that while being on accutane it gives the scarring time to heal as if I get spots in that area it will just start the whole process again. I do completely agree with you, but I had to wait 6 months to have an appointment so I am just going to stick at it and let you guys know what happens