Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poptartie

Cleansing Cloths And Accutane

I have always used Neutrogena gentle cleansing cloths at night to remove my face and eye makeup before I actually wash my face with CereVe. I've been on accutane a little over a month (just began 60mg/day last week) and I have noticed my face burning a little after I use the cloths. My face gets very red and it stings immediately after I use them but it settles down pretty quickly. Should I stop using them? I feel like it removes makeup better than just the cleansing lotion alone but I don't want to damage my skin. Any thoughts?

Thanks much:)

Even though the cleansing cloths are "gentle," they're still a little harsh for skin while on Accutane. I also use CeraVe to wash while on Accutane, and I think that is best to use. Since it's irritating your skin I would definitely skip the cleansing cloths if possible, since your skin is only going to get even more sensitive as you progress through your Accutane course. If the CeraVe isn't enough to remove makeup, you could try using jojoba oil to remove makeup before using the CeraVe since that is much less likely to irritate the skin and will actually help moisturize.

Even though the cleansing cloths are "gentle," they're still a little harsh for skin while on Accutane. I also use CeraVe to wash while on Accutane, and I think that is best to use. Since it's irritating your skin I would definitely skip the cleansing cloths if possible, since your skin is only going to get even more sensitive as you progress through your Accutane course. If the CeraVe isn't enough to remove makeup, you could try using jojoba oil to remove makeup before using the CeraVe since that is much less likely to irritate the skin and will actually help moisturize.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I guess if it makes my skin act all wonky, I should stop, eh? I will try the jojoba oil. Thanks! My Momma makes soap, lotion and lip balm so she has a crapload of oils and butters for me to use. I know she has some jojoba oil. I'm always just so paranoid that something is going to break me out. :/ She even washes her face with olive and jojoba oils...She says that jojoba is the closest to our natural skin oil. Craziness ;) Some day I will learn to listen to my Momma, but thanks again! I will listen to you this time. LOL

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I guess if it makes my skin act all wonky, I should stop, eh? I will try the jojoba oil. Thanks! My Momma makes soap, lotion and lip balm so she has a crapload of oils and butters for me to use. I know she has some jojoba oil. I'm always just so paranoid that something is going to break me out. :/ She even washes her face with olive and jojoba oils...She says that jojoba is the closest to our natural skin oil. Craziness wink.png Some day I will learn to listen to my Momma, but thanks again! I will listen to you this time. LOL

Haha. You're welcome! And your momma is right, the jojoba oil is very close to our skin's own oil! It also doesn't clog pores, so it shouldn't break you out. When you try it post the results!