Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fourdogs

Dead Skin From Regimen?

So I've been using the regimen for about 2 months now and I was wondering if anyone else gets alot of formation of dead skin. I've changed up the regimen abit as I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer with epiduo 2.5% bp and 0.1% adaplene. Usually when I wash my face with the cleanser my skin becomes soft and I can actually scratch/peel away skin on my face. I can usually get a huge heap of skin if i scratch my chin and all this dead skin comes off.

So my question is do I have to scratch it off? If i leave dead skin on my face will it cause further breakouts and do I have to exfoliate and how?

Thanks.

It not a good idea to scratch off the dead skin.. I know, I'm guilty of it. Have you considered trying Dan's AHA+ ? It's an exfoliating moisturizer that helps break down the dead skin layers done by the BP. You have to go slow with it like you have with the bp and is best used at night. But I hear it works wonders over time :)

It's not recommended to use a wash cloth during the regimen. If you take too much skin off it will cause lots of irritation and tons more of drying. You should wash with bare hands and try out AHA+ when you've been on the regimen for at least 4 weeks. For now, let the skin shed on it's own and use jojoba oil when you moisturize.

I definitely wouldn't recommend scratching skin off your face. If you feel like you absolutely must exfoliate, just be super gentle.

agh don't use 0.1% adapalene if you don't have to it didn't clear my acne. :/

anyway I get a lot of dead skin and flakes from the regimen, trying so hard to stop it, Idk what to do (i use cerave as my moisturizer and i add jojoba oil) and i was kind of wondering the same thing, (except i really dont want to use aha+ because of sun damage)