Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ijustwantmylifeback123

The Hell I Went Through Is Nearly A Distant Memory So Close To Being Clear! :d

After a terrible breakout in may and a few prescribed treatments of the doctor witch was a big mistake If you ask me ! The 2 different courses of antibiotics he put me on just made me feel like shit the whole time I was on them and didn't help one bit with my acne an the dreaded duac bp gel he prescribed me my god that stuff nearly made me commit suicide no joke my face had never been that bad bright red coverd in burns D: coz my skins to sensitive !peeling skin worsens my acne and I never ever suffers from pih before using that stuff and its like it weakened my skin so now every pimple I get leaves a red mark ! My doctor asked me to come back and see him after almost ruining my life and I was like no way! so since then 3 months later I have been treating it by myself with no pills or bp just using natural products all the burns have gone from the duac all the peelings gone my skins back to normal I don't have 1 active spot at the moment just a few red marks witch are fading quickly :) so close to getting my life back , I was far to embarrassed to even leave the house when this happend and it's been 3 months of recovery and respite time I'm 90% clear 10% to go ! It's like doctors and derms do not give a shit about you they just chuck a useless proscription at you and send you away I new more about bloody acne then my doctor useless twat haha . I'm so greatfull to be clearing up from what I was going through the most horrible time of my life and I've been through alot but nothing compared to this ! I can't believe I was so close to topping myself because of this and the state my doctor left my face in I couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel . Luckly 3 months worth of depression and trying to be stable and pull through it was worth it and thing are looking up. Please please please I beg u dont let this happen again I don't know if I could cope lol fingers crossed wish me luck :D

I am sincerely Happy for you. Acne is hell and i agree that Dermatologists are worthless. I went through a tough stage as well. Started to break out really bad in feb. I decided to give DKR a try, the Regimen. Used pharmacy products but same process and ingredients. Was a tough few months, feeling embarrassed, depressed, hated being in public, life just felt horrible. I stuck with it and now i am clear from breakouts or new acne at all. Still left with terrible marks from the acne but atleaste i can say i am 99-100% clear of any new acne. Still hate having the marks from the old acne but i guess, it will fade over time. You say you are using lemon juice? I was hoping to find something that may help fade them. Having marks is almost as bad as having acne. Was thinking of trying manuka honey since i read great things about it's aid on acne marks. But i just want to say i am truly happy for you and hope you can stay clear and regain all of your confidence.

Aww thank you so much put a big :) on my face , your right it is hell didn't even recognize myself in the mirror totally took my amazing personality but I will get that back! Well done on getting clear it's such a achievement i don't have any acne just red marks aswell the lil buggers ! I tried lemon juice on it's own but it was to irritating for my skin so I mixed it at the right cobonation with witch hazel and it's for sure bleaching them away ! thanks again for your reply ! 2 to us 0 to acne haha :P wish you the best of luck with your red marks I know there a pain in the ass but ide much rather have a flat red mark then a lumpy painful pimple :/ all the best.

You're welcome. I am actually trying Manuka honey for the first time tonight in hopes that it may help with acne marks. Will post my feedback over time. But once again, very happy for you and i am sure you will eventually be 100% clear of all marks, acne etc.... and will even make you more of a kickass person LOL knowing you didn't allow acne to get the better of you. Hopefully soon it wil be 10 for us and 0 for acne LOL.. good luck!!!!!

Can you be more specific on how you use the witch hazel and lemon combo? Do you use it as a wash as well or do you not wash? Do you leave the toner on 24/7 or just at night? Thanks.

@kiton23 i haven't tried the honey before hope it helps you out and yes im sure it will be 10-0 tibia haha :)

And to the poster below I get one bottle of witch hazel and pour exactly half into another bottle and add 2 freshly squeezed lemons per bottle so that gives you 2 bottles for the price of 1 :D lol and I just wash with a hot wash cloth morning and night and apply the toner all over with a cotton pad after each wash and leave it on until I wash again, I have the most sensitive skin ever and it hasn't irrated me so far nearly been doing this for a month :) and seeing great results, if you decide to do this reigem keep me posted on here of how your getting on gooduck :)

@ Ijustwantmylifeback123, omg I am currently going through the same thing, I have started getting spots from using a clinique cleanser and since then my face has not stopped breaking out. I never had acne in my life before, first I started getting few spots within two weeks of using the clinique cleanser, I thought I'd give it some time until my face gets used to the product but the spots never stopped appearing, they started hurting and were very painful, So after about 1 month of trying natural remedies I went to the docs and they prescribed me Duac gel and put me on antibiotics. The gel seem to have stopped my breakouts, however I am now left with red marks and dark marks on my cheeks. I am from London and although I have heard about the Witch Hazel product, I am not sure where I can purchase it from. And what moisturiser can I use as I have very sensitive skin like yours. I am currently using Oil of Olay sensitive one, I used to use the normal Oil of Olay moisturiser prior to my acne and it worked fine on me, Please help, I just want my flawless skin back.

Hi :) sorry to hear bout that fuking sucks! Mind my language lol , god duac I hate that stuff with a pasion! witch hazel u can go into any chemist and theyl have it, it's like £1.99 and as for a moisturiser any one that's persifically for sensitive skin and non Comedogenic so it won't clog your pores , that duac gel ruind my skin I swear I always used to get the odd spots and they would go away but the duac weakend my skin and left loadsa red marks behind but there slowly fading :) gd luck

@kiton23 i haven't tried the honey before hope it helps you out and yes im sure it will be 10-0 tibia haha smile.png

And to the poster below I get one bottle of witch hazel and pour exactly half into another bottle and add 2 freshly squeezed lemons per bottle so that gives you 2 bottles for the price of 1 biggrin.png lol and I just wash with a hot wash cloth morning and night and apply the toner all over with a cotton pad after each wash and leave it on until I wash again, I have the most sensitive skin ever and it hasn't irrated me so far nearly been doing this for a month smile.png and seeing great results, if you decide to do this reigem keep me posted on here of how your getting on gooduck smile.png

Thanks! I wonder if you should refrigerate the mixture or perhaps the alcohol in the Witch Hazel preserves it.

Maybe you could put "lemon", "Witch Hazel" and ""hyperpigmentation" in your title or as keywords so more people see this. I just re-discovered Witch Hazel and love it on it's own but also as a base for adding other ingredients but never thought of lemon.

If you go to your original post and click on "Edit", then click on "Use Full Editor" you can edit the title for your topic and add keywords. I hope more people see this.