Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zultima

Couple Of Questions (Aha Related)

So I've been doing the Regimen about a week now and I've been thinking about the future and adding AHA.

I see the AHA referenced to as a moisturizer, so does that mean I should use it in place of the Moisturizer included in the Regimen? Or use both?

This also may be a silly question (I am new to skin product terminology), but does any part of the Regimen (or AHA) serve as a skin toner? i.e.unclogs blackheads and shrink appearance of pores after the blackheads are gone

Appreciate whatever you can answer, thanks.

Edited by Zultima

I'd recommend using AHA+ at night in place of the regular moisturizer, as AHA+ can make your skin very sensitive to the sun. If you feel like the AHA+ isn't moisturizing enough for you, you can mix AHA+ in with your regular moisturizer.

A skin toning product is not part of the regimen. AHA+ provides some light exfoliation and can really improve the texture and tone of your skin, but it is not especially effective with reducing blackheads like a salicylic acid product would be.