Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spartan32

Subcision And Retinoids/bp

Hello,

I have been reading up on subcision and am considering making an appointment to get it done on a rolling scar on my temple and above my eyebrow. The thing is I am currently on Tazorac and BP. I am mostly clear besides a papule here and there. The problem is if I come off of this regimen I will breakout. For people that have had subcision done, how long would i need to stop using the BP/Tazorac before the procedure and how long after the procedure? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have been reading up on subcision and am considering making an appointment to get it done on a rolling scar on my temple and above my eyebrow. The thing is I am currently on Tazorac and BP. I am mostly clear besides a papule here and there. The problem is if I come off of this regimen I will breakout. For people that have had subcision done, how long would i need to stop using the BP/Tazorac before the procedure and how long after the procedure? Thanks in advance!

For laser, the safest route is to stop all topicals at least 2 weeks before your procedure. It's probably similar with subcision.

My doctor told me I didn't need to stop anything until the day of the procedure for a laser procedure. I couldn't put anything harsh on my face for about two weeks afterward, though, including BP and tretinoin.

Edited by DRaGZ

Thanks for the replies. Ugh I would wait to get the scar's treated until I don't need topicals anymore but that will probably never happen.

Hello,

I continued using Retin-A right up to the day that I had my last subcision treatment. I waited about a week after the treatment to resume using it due to all of the bruising that I had from the procedure.

Hello,

I continued using Retin-A right up to the day that I had my last subcision treatment. I waited about a week after the treatment to resume using it due to all of the bruising that I had from the procedure.

A week off shouldn't be too bad. How was the downtime for you? After the bruising went down after a week, was your skin pretty much back to normal?

I did the subcision/suction method and my bruising lasted for about four to five weeks after the procedure.

The good news is that the additional bruising caused by the suctioning resulted in a truly remarkable result - the scars lifted to the point that they are no longer noticeable.

Everyone responds differently to subcision With the previous three procedures, my bruising lasted for five to nine days at the most.

I did the subcision/suction method and my bruising lasted for about four to five weeks after the procedure.

The good news is that the additional bruising caused by the suctioning resulted in a truly remarkable result - the scars lifted to the point that they are no longer noticeable.

Everyone responds differently to subcision With the previous three procedures, my bruising lasted for five to nine days at the most.

Would you recommend also getting the suction during my first subcision to possibly make me require less treatments or is that something to add after some base progress is made?

Would you recommend also getting the suction during my first subcision to possibly make me require less treatments or is that something to add after some base progress is made?

You'll want to read the subcision/suction method study that is online. You begin the suctioning process on day three after subcision and do it for approximately two weeks to prevent the fibrous bands from reattaching.

This is a small window of time in which this procedure will work.

I saw my dermatologist two weeks ago as a follow-up and he was very pleased with how good my skin looks today.

Based upon my experience, the subcision/suction method yielded the most dramatic results of all of my previous subcision treatments. If you have the same type of success, you may not need as many procedures.

It will depend on how your skin reacts, topicals, etc.

You'll want to read the subcision/suction method study that is online. You begin the suctioning process on day three after subcision and do it for approximately two weeks to prevent the fibrous bands from reattaching.

This is a small window of time in which this procedure will work.

I saw my dermatologist two weeks ago as a follow-up and he was very pleased with how good my skin looks today.

Based upon my experience, the subcision/suction method yielded the most dramatic results of all of my previous subcision treatments. If you have the same type of success, you may not need as many procedures.

It will depend on how your skin reacts, topicals, etc.

Thanks for the information. I checked your thread out. Amazing improvements.