Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leelowe1

Recommendation For A Nyc Derm Willing To Actually Discuss All Options For Mild/moderate Acne

Hey all! Anyone have a recommendation for a NYC derm that will actually take my mild-moderate BUT EXTREMELY persistent acne seriously. Someone who is willing to think outside the box ( something besides retinoid/antibiotic) and maybe open to Hormonal treatment or low dose accutane (though i most likely will not go that route).

Tried to do diet changes for over 8 months and now worse off than i was before

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Dr. Redmond runs the Hormone Help Center in New York. He's probably one of the few doctors that has actually looked for the CAUSES of acne rather than just trying to treat the symptoms. His website is here: http://www.hormonehelpny.com/

Green Gables, i don't believe this guy takes insurance. Not sure if i can afford to go to him, especially since i am not sure if my acne is 'hormonal'. I mean i break out every day and my acne sucks all the time so........In any event, i have a dr appt on Tue so i'm gonna see if doc can do hormone tests. Which tests do you recommend i get (that can maybe pinpoint possible root cause of my acne)?

I sent Dr Redmond an email explaining my situation to see if it makes sense to see him. Thanks for all the info Green Gables.

Anyone else have a recommendation for a derm in NYC - even one that is not shy about prescribing accutane for mild/moderate persistent acne?