Notifications
Clear all

Is This Acne Or ?

MemberMember
(@rick11)

Posted : 09/08/2012 3:36 pm

hey guys/girls,

I have had a very bad skin since I was 13-14 and until this day I have not found a cure for it. I do not use any facial cream or wash except the incidental moist cream after I took a hot shower.

My face feels like leather to myself although that might be more to my facial muscles (?, no idea and too mentally tired to look into it).

I have candida and gut problems since I was young and so far they have not disappeared. I eat a gluten free diet and usually sugar free (although I do eat allot of home made cookies which contain 4-5 pieces of dried fruit + gluten flee flower).

In these pictures my skin actually looks surprisingly good compared to other days. Allot redder usually. Acne or something else ?

http://www.2shared.com/photo/dL6jatGV/10-22.html

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 09/09/2012 4:28 am

Do you sweat alot? Exercise? Anxiety? Heat etc...

I don't see any open comedones (blackheads). Those whiteheads could be acne, could be folliculitis, could be miliaria...

Does your skin produce much sebum?

MemberMember
(@rick11)

Posted : 09/09/2012 4:58 am

Do you sweat alot? Exercise? Anxiety? Heat etc...

I don't see any open comedones (blackheads). Those whiteheads could be acne, could be folliculitis, could be miliaria...

Does your skin produce much sebum?

not much sebum afaik, usually my skin is "matte red, no real glossiness except my nose".

I think much of my problems are due to my "leaky gut". I hardly exercise but I am going to push myself to start again. I do suffer from allot of anxiety in public situations.Temperatures here vary allot but are usually "mild" so no extreme cold or heath.

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 09/09/2012 6:53 am

I do suffer from allot of anxiety in public situations.

I think this could be affecting your skin.

Let me know how the exercise works out for you. I predict exercise will make your condition worse...

MemberMember
(@rick11)

Posted : 09/09/2012 7:03 am

oh xD than what should or can I do ?

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 09/09/2012 9:30 am

You could try keeping cool and splashing some cold water on your face every hour or so and see if that helps.

Or you could try vigorously exercising for a few weeks and see if that makes it any worse...

If it is sweat related doing one or the other for a few weeks will surely produce some kind of noticable change. If not, no harm done.

MemberMember
(@rick11)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:38 pm

didn't want to bump this thread but sadly I have too since my skin has gotten worse. Not in the mood for posting pics >_>

it just feels like im wearing a leather mask, especially when smiling. No matter what I eat/exercise it won't improve. It think it might be roseaca but even if it is I dont want to go to the derm again. They only make it worse + they do not fix the cause of the problem.

btw, all these questions are a yes to me:

• Do you have light skin, blue eyes, blond hair?

• Do you blush easily?

• Does your skin react to sudden temperature changes? To sun exposure?

• Do you experience redness if you drink alcohol?

• Do you experience redness if you eat a meal too quickly, or if it's too spicy, or too hot?

• Do you have permanent or almost permanent redness on your face?

• Does your face show small dilated blood vessels?

• Have you noticed pimple-like lesions on your redness areas?

• If you answered "yes" to at least 3 of these questions, you may be suffering from rosacea.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/13/2012 3:00 pm

Stop drying out your face.

Use a gel face wash