Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jacko123

Accutane 10 Months In

I am still getting a number of small whiteheads/tiny lumps which have whiteheads underneath them when squeezed after 10 months of 60mg accutane.

How likely is it that after I finish the course, despite not having worked yet, that I will be more or less cured of acne despite when on them not being so?

Really struggling with this. Thanks

Hello jacko123 - you say you are 10 months of 60 mg right? I am in the eighth month of 30 mg a day and still have acne breakouts from 2-3 and do not know what to do. I want to know if the end of the course will be cured!

Mine is really weird. I've have a full month clear at times and then in the last month I haven't had a day without a spot. So frustrated. It's my second course after a short 4 month one at just 40mg.

I have hardly seen anyone in a similar position where after such a high dose for so long it still persists.

I'm on month 7 of 120mg (!) -- well, I've been on 120mg the last two months, was 80 for one month, and mostly 60mg the earlier few months and I STILL have cystic acne.

Lol, it's a long road. My skin is much better than before, but I think it affects everyone at different speeds. Hang in there... 120 mg is pretty hard on my body, I've been sick every other weekend due to low immune as I'm only 120 lb haha :-(