Notifications
Clear all

What Is Bb Cream?

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 09/08/2012 2:03 pm

Yesterday, a kind member here recommended me BB Cream instead of foundation because I'm a guy. I overlooked it because the prices online were expensive.

Today I was at Walmart and I saw L'Oreal BB Cream so I immediately grabbed one. Now I'm researching about it and apparently it's all the rage nowadays.

What is it? Is it just normal moisturizer? Or does it have foundation included? Can I wear it at home?

I'm wearing it now and my face is really shiny.

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 09/08/2012 2:38 pm

The idea of a BB cream is that it's a tinted foundation with good ingredients that benefit your skin while you are wearing it. Most cremes advertised as 'BB' creams outside of asia tend to be full of crap and are basically tinted moisturisers.

It may well make your skin shiny as it will be designed for normal (not oily) skin and may have some shimmer in it to make skin 'luminous'.

MemberMember
(@tricky)
MemberMember
(@avenger)

Posted : 09/08/2012 3:32 pm

I'm a guy and use Lab Series For Men BB Tinted Moisturiser with SPF 35.

ClearDreaming is spot on. A BB Cream is a tinted cream with ingredients which help to fight and prevent blemishes and ageing.

The one I use guarantee's the following:

Immediate Coverage

Hydration

Brightening

Shine Control

Anti Wrinkle

Firming & Toning

Pore Reduction

Redness Reduction

SPF 35.

I've only been using it for a few days but so far so good. They tend to be a bit thick and personally I don't think it's moisturising enough but it does a good job. It defiantly helps to even out skin tone and reduce redness which was the main reason why I purchased it anyway.

You want a good reputable brand specifically for men, otherwise it just becomes another one of those 'make up for men' gimmicks.

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 09/08/2012 3:46 pm

^Do you use it in public?

Also, do you use it even just at home, maybe before you go to sleep type of moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 09/09/2012 5:41 am

OMG FCK YES!!!

I tried the L'Oreal BB Cream (really cheap, $16) + Loose translucent powder. My skin has never looked smoother/natural! I love love love it.

I'm going to work now. Let's see if this beautiful face holds up after 8 hours.

MemberMember
(@ijustwantmylifeback123)

Posted : 09/10/2012 1:38 am

How did it go at work did any one notice?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/11/2012 8:40 am

BB cream is basically just glorified tinted moisturizer...

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 11/11/2012 3:38 pm

I'm a dude and whenever I have bad breakouts BB cream is definitely the way to go. I use the generic Garnier brand, and it works well for me. It cancels out redness so well, it covers up scars, and it can make active blemishes seem WAY less noticeable. And the most important thing? It blends to your skin tone so well that nobody can even tell that you're wearing it. That's the most important thing for guys...that people do not notice that you're utilizing some coverage.

MemberMember
(@roselilium)

Posted : 11/24/2012 11:55 pm

Yes, BB cream is lighter than foundation and better for your skin. I am from Asia, and I adore BB creams.

BB cream is something in between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation, and is more natural-looking than foundation. Foundation tends to look more mask-like. I live in Asia, and the best BB creams are from Korea - Enprani, Etude house, FaceShop, SkinFood. There are mainly two types of BB creams - water-based or spf based. The former is more matte while the latter can get oilier and shinier (the higher the spf the shinier it gets).

I am currently eyeing the Holika Holika aqua petite jelly BB cream that comes in a jelly form. It's something I'm really excited to try for the new year.

MemberMember
(@lfct)

Posted : 11/25/2012 10:19 am

Just be careful! Garnier bb cream caused me to have acne again.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/26/2012 11:50 am

The idea of a BB cream is that it's a tinted foundation with good ingredients that benefit your skin while you are wearing it. Most cremes advertised as 'BB' creams outside of asia tend to be full of crap and are basically tinted moisturisers.

It may well make your skin shiny as it will be designed for normal (not oily) skin and may have some shimmer in it to make skin 'luminous'.

What is the difference between BB creams in Asia and everywhere else in the world?

MemberMember
(@cleardreaming)

Posted : 11/27/2012 1:57 am

What is the difference between BB creams in Asia and everywhere else in the world?

Exactly what I said, theyre full of crap and chemicals. Companies took their current tinted moisturisers and stuck BB cream labels on them as they believed the consumer wouldnt know any better. Where as in asia they were actually thought out new a product.

MemberMember
(@sunshine41)

Posted : 11/30/2012 8:50 am

Asian BB creams have a lightening affect that the Western don´t have. And good that they don´t have it biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 12/11/2012 10:42 pm

Has anyone tried a CC CREAM??? It is suppose,to be better than BB. I think i am going to try Rachel K cc cream. If anyone has already tried this please reply back. Thanks

MemberMember
(@puffnoodles)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:36 am

can this be used while on accutane?

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 12/20/2012 6:47 pm

Has anyone tried a CC CREAM??? It is suppose,to be better than BB. I think i am going to try Rachel K cc cream. If anyone has already tried this please reply back. Thanks

Hi! yeah i've tried a CC cream by Olay. the coverage is very sheer, barely covers anything if you have a lot of blemishes. I don't think I broke out with it, but it didn't help eliminating my acne either ( if that makes sense)

I am currently using MISSHA Perfect cover BB Cream (spf 42) in #31. It gives pretty good coverage plus it doesn't give me a grayish/pinkish/ ghostly mask like other BB creams do. #31 is a shade suited for tan/dark skinned people, but they have lighter shades as well.

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 12/20/2012 9:53 pm

Hi! yeah i've tried a CC cream by Olay. the coverage is very sheer, barely covers anything if you have a lot of blemishes. I don't think I broke out with it, but it didn't help eliminating my acne either ( if that makes sense)

I am currently using MISSHA Perfect cover BB Cream (spf 42) in #31. It gives pretty good coverage plus it doesn't give me a grayish/pinkish/ ghostly mask like other BB creams do. #31 is a shade suited for tan/dark skinned people, but they have lighter shades as well.

Thank you! I am waiting for the rachel k cc cream to arrive:)

MemberMember
(@linali26)

Posted : 12/26/2012 9:41 pm

Oh my gosh..it is amazing. What a great product! It has not broken.me out. It evens out my skin tone ...I am so glad I found something with Spf in it that works. Give it a try guys!

MemberMember
(@banhi)

Posted : 01/05/2013 8:05 pm

Currently using bb cream

I use etude house precious mineral bb cream and I have noticed that I don't get acne marks like I used to; my skin scars very easily and this product has helped fade my scars :)

MemberMember
(@pink3)

Posted : 01/30/2013 1:35 pm

New Here. Second Post. Are most of you using BB/CC creams instead of foundation or using it together, or depending on what your doing??? Just trying to figure out if I should buy it. The Rachel K CC cream is kinda expensive and then have to buy foundation as well.

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 02/17/2013 5:53 pm

New Here. Second Post. Are most of you using BB/CC creams instead of foundation or using it together, or depending on what your doing??? Just trying to figure out if I should buy it. The Rachel K CC cream is kinda expensive and then have to buy foundation as well.

hi! ive tried just one cc cream which was by olay. it was OK but didnt really give me the skin ( or the coverage) that i wanted. Since then I started using BB creams. I think overall, BB creams are more beneficial for the skin. It's anti aging, moisturizing, tone correcting, pore minimizing, and provides a good amount of coverage. Right now i am alternating between Missha perfect cover BB cream spf 42 ( i love how this looks on my skin, but it transfers) and tarte BB Primer ( can be used alone, or as a primer, and this one doesnt transfer). Neither BB creams gave me problems. Never used foundation since ( except the revlon whipped that i got in caramel so i just use that to contour my face haha). You just have to find the right Bb cream for you.

MemberMember
(@clkw)

Posted : 02/20/2013 8:44 pm

Try the new Garnier BB Cream for oily combo skin. It has fantastic coverage, SPF 15 and helps control oil. I started using it when I recently went on Retin A and my skin was a mess. It is very gentle, nothing aggravates my already "upset" skin. The only issue is they don't have a really light color if you have really fair skin. It comes in light/medium and medium/dark. I love it!

MemberMember
(@jong76)

Posted : 04/05/2013 2:54 am

Hi guys, i am new here. I have recently bought Lab Series' BB Tinted moisturizer without doing much research on impact of such products on skin that is prone to breakout. I was wondering if such cream/moisturizer can cause detrimental effects on my skin type or would it be ok to apply them on(my face is slightly oily and i have large pores). Thanks in advance for the help guys!!

Jong

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/05/2013 11:16 am

I have the new clinique CC cream which covers nicely and feels good on the skin, especially if you're prone to dryness from using acne products and it has an spf of 30. The color options are kinda limited though. Most BB and CC creams all run around the same price it seems. I use the CC cream for daily use and working, I use foundation for special occasions/dates so they both last awhile. Sometimes I'll dab a little pressed powder (I use lorac translucent powder) over top of the CC cream if I want more of a matte look.