Notifications
Clear all

Help About What This Is? [Pic]

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 09/08/2012 5:28 am

Hey everyone,

My face have been red and covered with lots of red dots for years and I'm wondering what is could be. Does anyone else have this? My skin tends to be quite dry but moisturizer doesn't help get rid or calm the redness or dots.

Here is a picture below, unfortunately I don't have a good camera but my face is actually redder than this and the dots are more visible.

Thank you

MemberMember
(@pillbug)

Posted : 09/08/2012 5:40 am

from the looks--and it's quite a blurry look-- the red dots look like post-acne marks or possibly rosacea. OR, maybe an allergy? shaving sensitivities? hmmmm...

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 09/08/2012 6:11 am

The thing is i've never had any sort of acne on my cheeks so I'm not sure why these red dots are there but thank you for your input :)

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 10/06/2012 10:13 pm

my face looks like this in certain spots. did you find out what it was?

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 12/17/2012 8:27 am

my face looks like this in certain spots. did you find out what it was?

Afraid not and it hasn't diminished.

MemberMember
(@peruanofutbol14)

Posted : 12/21/2012 7:59 pm

you never had acne on your cheeks before?

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 01/31/2013 5:33 pm

you never had acne on your cheeks before?

No, I never had acne there which is really puzzling why I have those red dots there.

MemberMember
(@troublewacne)

Posted : 02/01/2013 3:54 am

Are you a side face pillow sleeper? Do you use your hands to wash your face or do you use a face towel? It appears your skin is irritated from something. I would definitely go see a doctor.

MemberMember
(@parallax-dreams)

Posted : 02/16/2013 9:48 am

I have a similar issue, I'm going to take pictures tonight and post them up. I have the redness/small bumps (but not actual acne) on my cheeks. I also have blackheads/clogged pores on my nose. So far The Regimen doesn't seem to work to get rid of this stuff. I'm assuming there is something else at play.

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 02/16/2013 6:58 pm

Are you a side face pillow sleeper? Do you use your hands to wash your face or do you use a face towel? It appears your skin is irritated from something. I would definitely go see a doctor.

I am a side face pillow sleeper and only dry my face by patting extremely gently with a towel. I've had this for about 5 years now and no idea what to do. I've been to a doctors about it and they provided me with zindaclin but all it has done is dry out my face. No change.

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 02/17/2013 6:54 pm

It could be acne or mild rosacea. Either way, low dose isotretinoin (Accutane) would be a very effective treatment. 10mg a day, every other day, or even just 5 mg a day should be enough to clear it up.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:19 am

It could be acne or mild rosacea. Either way, low dose isotretinoin (Accutane) would be a very effective treatment. 10mg a day, every other day, or even just 5 mg a day should be enough to clear it up.

Accutane should only be considered for people that have severe acne and it's becoming detrimental to their life.

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:32 pm

I have a similar issue, I'm going to take pictures tonight and post them up. I have the redness/small bumps (but not actual acne) on my cheeks. I also have blackheads/clogged pores on my nose. So far The Regimen doesn't seem to work to get rid of this stuff. I'm assuming there is something else at play.

Did you get round to posting up some pictures? I'd be really interested in seeing them. I still have no change.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 05/13/2013 7:00 am

me either...i did find out I have a sun allergy. specifically UVB light. polymorpheous light eruption or chronic actinic dermatitis...Its basically a severe allergy to artificial and sunlight. Im on strong anti immune suppressant drugs and only seeing a slight improvement.

MemberMember
(@maplesyrupmama)

Posted : 05/13/2013 7:42 am

Keratosis Pilaris?