Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a.p.

Purging Or Is This Something Else?

This is my skin care routine. It's been this regimen for about 1 1/2 months

Wash face gently with Epsom salt.

Apply 8% Walgreens brand aha cream

Apply 2.5% bp( neutrogena on the spot) to entire face

Apply Vaseline lotion at night and cetaphil daily moisturizer SPF 50 during the day.

I use a sulfur mask 3x a week because I clean houses and sometimes there is a lot of dust in the air.i feel like dust and chemicals get in my skin so I need a sulfur mask to draw all that out.

Sulfur masks really help with the closed comedones I have. I have only been using the sulfur mask for a week. I have not used one in several months and thought it was time to start using a mask again.

I have one cyst on my sideburn area and three more on my jawline. What's weird is the three cysts on my jawline have been there before! I thought I had gotten rid of them months ago but now they're back. They are all in the same spot as they were before and they are just as stubborn as before.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or is this just what sulfur does? Im just curious.

Other than these three cystic lesions my face is smooth. I don't have blackheads anymore but I do have several closed comedones but they're so small I only notice them.

Edited by a.p.

I did a sulfur mask last night and the cyst near my ear has flattened out. The mask brought two more pimples up to the surface. I extracted them with very little force. The cysts are starting to get smaller now.

I now have 6 pustules that are along my jaw line. The rest of my face is looking good. My cousin even asked if I was wearing face makeup. I told her no and she was like " wow ". I just want the pimples on my jaw to come to a head but they're very stubborn.

I have adult acne now and it might have only worked b/c I was on Accutane, but I used to flatten my zits by mixing an anti-acne product like benzoyl peroxide with 1% hydrocortisone cream. You could probably use salicylic acid instead of BP. (Or sulfur.)

Calamine might help too. All Mario Badescu's drying formula is is salicylic acid and calamine lotion.

ETA: I just saw your original post. Check the ingredients of your products against this. http://www.skincarel...ingredients.htm

AHAs and retinoids always break me out, unfortunately, even though I'm on Aldactone. It might be purging.

Edited by bizz

I have adult acne now and it might have only worked b/c I was on Accutane, but I used to flatten my zits by mixing an anti-acne product like benzoyl peroxide with 1% hydrocortisone cream. You could probably use salicylic acid instead of BP. (Or sulfur.)

Calamine might help too. All Mario Badecu's drying formula is is salicylic acid and calamine lotion.

ETA: I just saw your original post. Check the ingredients of your products against this. http://www.skincarelogic.com/comedogenic-ingredients.htm

AHAs and retinoids always break me out, unfortunately, even though 'm on Aldactone. It might be purging.

Thanks for the info! :)

My skin is actually getting better now. I have the most stubborn acne ever. Closed comedones, blackheads and the occasional pustule/cyst.

I've been using my homemade bentonite sulfur mask everyday now. My pores are looking a lot cleaner. I have very oily skin so this doesn't bother me. I only leave it on for ten minutes so I'm not experiencing any dryness except on the pimples I have. I hope this doesn't backfire on me.

I have really bad acne scarring and I just want to get rid of my acne so I can start getting rid of my scars.

Isopropyl Palmitate is the fourth ingredient in my aha cream :/