Notifications
Clear all

Can Anyone Tell Me What These Obnoxious Buggers Are?

MemberMember
(@jaganess)

Posted : 09/07/2012 7:09 pm

So I haven't been on here for a VERY VERY long time. I don't really have legit pimple action accept for the occasional one here and there (slow changes in diet have helped) but I have these little clogged pores all over my face. They aren't hard, and as disgusting as this is going to sound gunk comes out of them if I decide to squeeze them. I have tried exfoliating, using Clearasil and even glycolic acid to try to get rid of them but nothing is working. I was hoping one of you awesome souls could tell me what they are and if you have any advice as to getting rid of them. Thanks! <3

1347060401104.jpg

MemberMember
(@ninetynine)

Posted : 09/07/2012 7:17 pm

I used to have these along my jawline. I found decreasing my intake of sugary foods helped heaps! I hope this helps. :)

MemberMember
(@jaganess)

Posted : 09/07/2012 7:21 pm

Thanks! I've already cut out most sugar already but these guys just don't want to go away! I want to pull my hair out lol

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 09/07/2012 7:47 pm

hi, those little obnoxious things look like Milia to me. To read more about milia, go up to "acne info" on this website, and click the "what is acne" option. You should scroll down and see a segment on milia. Basically,

Milia occur when dead skin cells are trapped in little pockets of the skin. This is more common in infants, but can also happen with adults. You can go here to read more about milia http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001367.htm

I'm no doctor LOL I just thought I would help. Best of luck getting rid of it! :) -ws

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 09/07/2012 9:11 pm

They look like closed comedones.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/08/2012 12:36 am

I would really, really, really recommend you get a professional salicylic acid peel. 20%-30%. This is not anything like the salicylic acid 2% that's in a badly formulated cleanser that you wash off in 30 seconds so it can't work anyway. A salicylic acid peel done by a professional esthetician or a dermatologist will actually get the acid into the pore and dissolve the sebum.

Glycolic acid will not get deep enough into the pore to do much good. Salicylic acid is the only acid that can actually "clear" a pore.

I am all about clearing acne through diet and lifestyle changes when possible, but sometimes you just have had skin issues for such a long time that your skin needs some help. And for this issue, one or two professional salicylic peels is what's going to help you quickly and give you the most result for your money and time.

Here is an example of a medispa that does sal peels: http://www.rejuvenationcentre.net/salicylic_acid_peels.php

Salicylic acid is especially helpful in treating acne because of its ability to penetrate the follicle. It encourages the shedding of dead skin cells from within the follicle, helping keep the pores clear of cellular debris. In this way, it reduces the number of pore blockages and breakouts on the skin.
MemberMember
(@jaganess)

Posted : 09/08/2012 6:52 pm

Wow, that's awesome Green Gables! It has to be expensive though. Do they sell such peels, I wonder?

MemberMember
(@ijustwantmylifeback123)

Posted : 09/09/2012 8:39 am

There closed comedones :) I got load of them from using bp the only way I was able to get rid of them was squeeze them out.

MemberMember
(@whyyme)

Posted : 09/09/2012 11:36 am

Salicylic acid is the main ingredient of Aspirin tablets. Try making an Aspirin paste for your skin, cheap and easy. Type it into google to find the best way of doing it for yourself.

MemberMember
(@ocean27)

Posted : 09/12/2012 6:43 am

There closed comedones smile.png I got load of them from using bp the only way I was able to get rid of them was squeeze them out.

I agree, they do look like closed comedones. I currently have heaps on my forehead and they only go away if I squeeze them too :( Scrubs with salicylic acid help in reducing their size and aspirin tablets like the poster above mentioned works well too

MemberMember
(@4romcan)

Posted : 10/25/2012 6:18 am

Got tons of these also. Mine happened when i went on high-fat diet. I found that dairy and sugar and high-fat (esp coconut oil) makes them worse and green clay masks helps reduce them