Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

How Do You Retouch Without Looking Cakey?

So whenever I first put my makeup on in the morning, I look really good and my face is really smooth. But hours later, the makeup would look melted and my face oily, so what I do is I put powder on.

But whenever I put powder on, the entire makeup layers would look noticeable. Like, imagine my face being the map of the world. When I retouch and put the powder on, you would be able to see the islands of skin on my face with the powder surrounding them. I don't know if I'm making any sense? Like, my face would magnify the little powder particles on my face and also uncover my dead skin?

Does this also happen to anyone?

Do you use a fix spray? I've noticed a few of your posts so I get the general idea of the problem. As a sort of reply to all of them, you need to make sure you are using makeup made for oily skin or it will definitely slip and melt. A primer as you've mentioned will help, but I found that the most important introduction to my make up routine was a setting spray. I personally use mac fix+, but I've also heard good things about urban decay's de-slick one.

I powder over my fix spray as my foundation is slightly shiny, but it isnt essential, not powdering makes touching up easier as your putting concealer/foundation ontop of exactly that (not powder) and you can powder later if needed.

Urban Decay De-Slick is AWESOME. I bought the travel size version from Sephora just to try it out, and will definitely buy the full size once it runs out. I still get that 'dewey' look on my skin after a few hours, but it looks natural/nice, not oily. So I don't need to retouch really. But if I do, I'll blot my face with oil-blotting tissues (or just normal ones) and then re-touch. It usually works pretty well.

i agree with blotting, then retouching. but a setting spray can also work, as i've tried that, also. mac fix+ is pricey to me, but it feels really, really nice on the skin and i had no problems with it causing any breakouts. i'm currently loving the revlon colorstay whipped foundation. you need such a tiny amount to get even coverage, and it lasts a long time, too.