Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Owain1122

Just Started Tetralysal? Any Reviews?

Recommended Posts

Hi first time posting here. I have suffered from moderate acne for nearly two years. I had it really bad a year ago. However about 7 weeks ago my hairdresser recommended Sudocrem. I love her hahaha. It has helped so much. I have been left with a lot of hyperpigmentation of the red kind but now I only have about 20 spots altogether on my face and neck. However I still get the odd break out and I still have quite a few and my confidence is still shaky at times. I went to my GP today and without hesitation he prescribed tetralysal 300 when I said I had back and chest acne. He told me to take one a day and has prescribed me a months worth of antibiotics. I live in the UK btw. Has anyone else had good results from this treatment? It's my first time doing any drastic about my acne.

Link to post

I'm in the uk to , a couple of months ago I went to my go about my acne it was slightly moderate he prescribed me tetralysal for 2 months it didn't make the blinded bit of difference then I got prescribed trimephoprem wich done nothing either :/ so I've Given up with antibiotics and useless creams of my doctor wich just made it worse and treating it with natural stuff an having much better results worst decision of my life going to the doctors about my acne the duac he prescribed me put me through he'll and all the antibiotics he prescribed me just made me feel like a zombie but I feel alot better now and I'm 80% clear , not saying it won't work for you I hope it does good luck :D

Link to post

Ahh right I've seen good and bad reviews but I suppose I'll have to see! The sudocrem has worked so well, I'm hoping that getting the last few from the inside will seal the deal. Really hope I can be acne free for the first time in 2 years after a few months of this treatment :)

Link to post

Yeah I use sudocrem to used to use it all the time but only use it occasionally now :) goodluck on your tetralysal hope it clears you ! :) did u find going to the doctors for the first time about your acne made you more obsessed with your skin? I did :(

Link to post

hahahaha I have been obsessed with my skin since starting sudocrem treatment hahaha. Did you have any hyper pigmentation after your spots healed and how did you sort them?

Link to post

After a massive breakout a few months ago I got rid of all my acne and was just left with pih some of it has faded but there's still some pih from may can u believe it ! I never used to get pih before i started using bp it's like the bp weakend my skin now every spot I get leaves a red mark it frustrating! Lol but I'm treating my red marks with witch hazel mixed with pure squeezed lemon juice as the witch hazel kills of bacteria cleans and tones the face and the purely squeezed lemon juice kills bacteria gives skin a nice glow and the citrus acid bleaches the marks and fades them bin doing this for 2 weeks now and there fading alot :) it's just constantly worrying about breaking out man! then having to deal with red marks I'm only 18 so it could be hormonal still syyh :/

Link to post

how long do you plan on using the antibiotics? IMO, do no use more than 5-6 months

My doctor is going month by month. He says that after 4 months if there isn't any results he will change the type of antibiotics. If I am spot free after 4 months then he will stop.

Link to post

You should start to see positive effects around 2 months. If you aren't making any kind of progress by then, I'd say that was long enough to know that perhaps it's not right for you.

Link to post

I'm seeing massive progress after a week and a few days. My skin was already starting to heal by itself and the sudocrem has been the biggest factor but the antibiotics have made it so no new spots are coming up which allows me to deal with any that are left.