Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grn93

How Long Can I Stay On Accutane?

Hello! I am in the eighth month of Accutane and still have 1-2 active pimples and blackheads 3-4.

1st to 4th month I was on 40mg, 5th and 6th month of 60mg, 40mg seventh month, and now I'm on 30 mg a day of the eighth month, and still have mild acne. How long might the course of Accutane ? Can I stay for another one month as to hope that I will be perfectly clear?

Normally courses are 4-6 months, but up to 9 months is acceptable for some cases. After 9 months you should probably get off of it for a few months, since your skin can continue to improve even after finishing. If you need another course, that might be an option in the future, but you should not be on more than 9 months. Just hang in there! You'll clear up.

Well, hopefully, I have 1-2 pimples and spots someone, hopefully that after accutane will continue to improve, I hope oil does not come back: (

In my experience from my first course, I had nowhere near the amount of oil after I completed the course. Basically, I went from moderately oily before accutane, to moderately dry during accutane, to about normal a few months after completion. Any spots you have left over from acne will heal quicker once you're done with your course since your skin will regain moisture and healing ability. Good luck!