Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It has now been awhile since I have had my series of different treatments. Laser, tca cross, saline subcision, tca peels, etc. I right now am currently only using cervae cleanser, Neocutis Journee sunscreen, and Sea Buckthorn oil for my skin. I have had no treatments for a few months and am currently using no AHA/BHA etc.

Here is the current state of my skin......

I will say that looking at some old pics I can see a slight difference for the better but maybe something only I would really notice.

I am now currently thinking about doing punch grafts on a few scars but not a for sure thing yet.

I have some severe sundamage/hyperpigmentation caused by doing chemical peels and not being 100% consistent with sunscreen so this is a good reminder to make sure when your doing treatment to protect it. This too has been a challenge for me to get rid of.

I have some pics in the scar gallery taken a while back to compare but like I said it is not dramatic.

post-69723-0-11003400-1346997548_thumb.j

post-69723-0-11003400-1346997548_thumb.j

I forgot no metion that if I did get improvement it came from tca cross. At first It made the scarring look worse, then bad, then about the same and now a couple years later they seemed to have filled in a little bit. I may try this again in the future.

With subcision i didnt notice a difference, peels no difference but maybe because they were not strong enough, and with laser it looked good when I had swelling. I could barely notice my pores but as the swelling subsided so did any results. I know that with laser it takes many treatments but I just dont have that kinda money.

I honestly don't see any scarring. I see some skin texture issues, like it may be too dry, but I honestly don't see any scars at all.

I see texture issues and superficial scarring, as well as hyperpigmentation/sun damage. Have you tried any kind of bleaching topical, like hydroquinone or kojic acid, to improve your skin color?

I have tried 4% to 10% bleaching cream for a period of time but my skin is resistant to change I guess so my dr. switched me to Finacea which is supposed to help lighten skin but that too didnt help after about a year so I stopped using it.

I do have texture issues. My pores are really enlarged giving my skin the rough skin texture. Hopefully your clicking on the picture to enlarge it. Every white mark is an actual scar. My scars are not deep so its hard to capture in a picture but trust me thay are there. All of these pics are taken in natural light during the day.

Here are more pics taken about 2 years ago before tca cross. They are in different lighting than the pictures above but I though these would be good to show that I really do have scarring. The one with scarring under my chin really bothers me the most.

I am thinking about punch floats on some of the scars on my cheeks or I could try tca cross again.

Anyone that can share their experiences with punch floats?