Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clambak3

Good Face Wash? Need Opinions..

I've been trying to go more natural on my acne approach and have heard nothing but good things about black soap. Which ones are the best and is Dr. Woods (v linked here v) a good idea and is it non-comedogenic looking at the ingredients?

Or do you have any other recommendations for an organic facial cleanser I could try?

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

INGREDIENTS LIST: Water, saponified coconut hemp & olive oils with retained glycerin, black soap concentrate,Natural fragrance oil blend (parfum), vitamin E, (tocopheryl acetate), sea salt, citric acid, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5),rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) extract, natural Caramel.

Edited by clambak3

I've been trying to go more natural on my acne approach and have heard nothing but good things about black soap. Which ones are the best and is Dr. Woods (v linked here v) a good idea and is it non-comedogenic looking at the ingredients?

Or do you have any other recommendations for an organic facial cleanser I could try?

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

INGREDIENTS LIST: Water, saponified coconut hemp & olive oils with retained glycerin, black soap concentrate,Natural fragrance oil blend (parfum), vitamin E, (tocopheryl acetate), sea salt, citric acid, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5),rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) extract, natural Caramel.

The one problem you often run into with natural products is most of them use olive or coconut oils as their base ingredient. Olive can be comedogenic, and coconut oil is HIGHLY comedogenic. So I would not recommend this particular product. If you can find one based on emu or jojoba oil...you'll be in good shape.

Alrighty thanks a lot. You're a big help. :)

It just sucks that so many products would have these irritating of ingredients.

I use Shea Terra Rosehip African black soap. It has coconut oil in it, but I never have experienced issues with it clogging pores. If you want to do 100% natural black soap with nothing added, there's plenty on amazon. It comes in a block. Black soap IS amazing

Edited by Murph89

Alrighty thanks a lot. You're a big help. smile.png

It just sucks that so many products would have these irritating of ingredients.

This is one reason why many people have success with prescription face washes...it might not even be because of the active ingredient, but I've been through a gamut of prescription face washes and none of them contained really comedogenic or irritating ingredients. However, even if I get a really expensive commercial product, most of them have coconut oil or sulfates or something else in it my skin doesn't like.