Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ivanilyich

Remove Dead Spots Of Chest And Back Acne?

I used to have a lot of acne on my back and my chest. I get the ocassional one now (I'm 18) but for the most part they're gone. However, they've left my skin looking like that of a leopard's. Is there anything I can do to make the marks fade? I asked my uncle, and he's a doctor and he said, "They'll go away on their own eventually."....I don't wanna wait that long.

Thank you everyone - any advice helps.

Yes it does take time for these spots to fade, it's simply hyperpigmentation. Honey can really help with this. Leave the most organic you can find kind of honey on your back and chest and anywhere with spots really on for about an hour or two every other day and you will really start to see results.

I do this on my face and I tell you what it is a lifesaver. Honey is just wonderful for you, I just can't praise it enough. But be careful because of course it is extremely sticky but it's so worth it.

Also, try mixing lemon juice into it (preferably from a fresh squeezed lemon, but bottled is fine too) about 1 part lemon to 2 parts honey. It will help to lighten the areas. It will also leave it smelling nice and will make the area super clean. Both are natural antiseptics.

I used to have a lot of acne on my back and my chest. I get the ocassional one now (I'm 18) but for the most part they're gone. However, they've left my skin looking like that of a leopard's. Is there anything I can do to make the marks fade? I asked my uncle, and he's a doctor and he said, "They'll go away on their own eventually."....I don't wanna wait that long.

Thank you everyone - any advice helps.

Acids. Lemon juice is a natural one but is relatively weak. You could use it every day. Glycolic acid or mandelic acid 10% are stronger. Use these a few times a week at most.

haha leopard eh?!...interesting analogy there buddy...

try acv...lemon...aha (start slow)...

well i ve had ppl tell me that it will go away on its own (not just for the pigmentation but the acne itself) but i dont buy that one bit...guesss most ppl here would accept with me on this one !

btw...i got leopard skin too biggrin.png ... trying to get rid of it with acv...

Edited by Ramc

Guest T.M.

I'd give Glycolic acid a go or just leave it and let time take care of it.

Simply just tanning helps me in moderation. When I tan and my skin lightens back up there are no marks. They do fade in time but I always noticed tanning helped speed up the process. :) I wonder if the chlorine has something to do with it as well... Just don't sit out for long and go twice a week until you see improvement. If you don't tan they have lightening creams you can buy at walgreens I think could really help. AHA was very beneficial for me but a little to pricey and not as effective as tanning. Also I would love to know as well how you cured your body acne?!