Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hate the skin on my face so fucking much. Its so discusting.

Literally everything is wrong with it.

I feel so hopeless and every second of every day is spent thinking about it.

Ive lost way too much weight because im constantly worrying about what foods might make it worse even though it doesnt make a blind bit of difference to my skin.

Im so scared to put anything on my face because everything just makes it worse.

My life is like a never ending nightmare that I cant wake up, from the second I wake up to the second I go to sleep.

I try to sleep as much as I can so I dont have to think about life.

I can see no light at the end of the tunnel because everything makes it worse and theres so many thousands of tiny blackheads everywhere that are almost impossible to get rid of that even if I did get rid of most the acne my face would still look discusting.

I refuse to "just carry on as normal" and have people look down on me for having dirty looking skin.

I dont even know why im writing this, theres nothing anyone can say to make me feel better, I just need to write all my thoughts down somewhere.

I feel as if im already dead.

Its only the fact that it would hurt my family so much that I must carry on.

I see no point anymore, why would you want to live a life with something obsessively in your head and not even wanting anyone to look at you.

I just spend as much time as possible sleeping and hiding from the world.

Theres just constant sadness running through my body.

Try using Bragg's apple cider vinegar. Put it on before bed and leave it on as you sleep. Kind of saved my life this week.

Im so sorry. I know you have probobaly heard this before but you aren't alone. I too have huge issues with my skin and self esteem. I want you to know that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. I once had the most horrible looking skin ; red; flaky ;oliy; bumpy; . There were times where it would literaly hurt to smile because of all the bumps I had on my cheeks. But through +7 years of trial and error I found the right balance of both knowledge and treatment to make my skin bearable - not perfect.

those people who look down on anyone just because of skin imperfections are short-sighted, small-minded, self-indulged, a ssholes (imo of course)

If you want help finding good products(i have darn near tried it all) or just someone to talk to, im here for you, as are many people in the Acne.org community.

Hey, you are not alone! I had similar experiences for more than 20 years... developed manic depression, type 1 diabetes etc... I used to cover my face with self-made hijab because walking on the streets as is was impossible. I only recently experienced clear skin after taking accutane. I wish you strength and luck and hope you find a cure for yourself. Do not despair, fight until you win it:)cheer.gif

I love you. I don't know you. But believe me when I say that. I love you. Stay strong

Hey, I know we've talked before but I know how you feel. The sadness from skin issues can just be crippling. Really, people underestimate how much skin issues can affect a person. Just recently I caused a cut-like thing on my face from picking at a blackhead and it still seems to be in the healing stage, but I almost felt suicidal about everything regarding my skin tonight. I was thinking like what's the point in living if every waking moment I'm feeling self conscious, I can't focus on school, I can't socialize with my friends like normal (I'm usually outgoing) etc. I know you said this about yourself before, but I'm usually the one to be getting everyone excited and going out too, so me isolating myself in my room is something my friends aren't used to. I already told them I'm going through something so I think they kind of understand but it saddens me greatly to think my own insecurities may make me lose my closest friends.

I guess though for you you just have to keep trying things and hoping it works out for the best. I know that's hard to hear because no one wants to wait. We all want to wake up one morning to perfect, clear skin. But things take time. I would suggest you see a NEW dermatologist because if you find the right one for you I'm sure they can help diagnose your problem and truly help you. In a way, living with acne and other skin issues has to deal a lot with acceptance. You have to learn to accept the way you look, even if it is temporary, almost like a burns victim or disfigured person does. Not that I'm saying acne is as bad as those things but you get the picture.

Really hope things start looking up for you soon.

Damn man I'm really sorry. From the bottom of my heart I am. My only suggestion for you would to see a therapist. Whether its a man or woman, you need to find someone, build a relationship with me, trust them, and see them on a regular basis. Please do this. It saved my life man.

Try candex. I felt like you did about a month ago and now my life has turned around. you have nothing to lose.

Same here.

I know what you mean! It feels so horrible when you're breaking out! Honestly, it feels so much better to just get out there and hang out with your friends and meet new people--even though it's hard! I saw a girl tonight with skin that was breaking out like mine was and it's not like I thought differently of her or anything. I probably only noticed because I'm so self-conscious about my own skin that it's the first thing I look at on other people! Definitely take advice from the people on here because they know a lot! My best advice would just be to do what you can for your skin, but to still move on with your life and try to think positively! People are still going to like you for who you are and you can still have fun! Even though it feels crippling, you can still do sooo much! The more you isolate yourself, the harder it is to keep going out and you'll only start feeling worse. Just get out there and be yourself and try not to make your skin your main focus (hard, I know!). If your acne is really severe, trying Accutane or antibiotics for a little bit might help you, but I'd definitely recommend that you take probiotics if you go that route!

Either way, good luck and we'll be here cheering you on or sending you motivational quotes, or whatever gets you through!

I'll start with a lame quote haha

"Those awful things are survivable because we are is indestructible as we believe ourselves to be." --John Green

Can you post some pictures of your skin? I thought my skin was horrible, but everyone here put it into a realistic perspective and changed my view on it. It may help...

Don't let acne win... Fuck acne.

I don't think you can fuck acne.....its on our face .....that would be a little hard

We all have BAD and GOOD times, 2 mouths ago when I first stared accutane my face EXPLODED into nodules , now afte prednione and antibiotic , trust me I have 4 actives at TOPS, but here is the bad part I have lots lots of red marks from the inital breakout , you know I touch my face, it feels nice , I look in the mirror, SAME OLD SH*T.But still I would recomend accutane to you , though it make my acne 10 time worse, and it's still worse since I started(I'm not reffering to acitves, I'm reffering on my image)but it's probably the last time I will deal with acne , and you know what?The red marks will FADE with time ..so if you are haveing such a bad time with your skin , consult a dermatologist and ask about a possible accutane tratment , it's the only one that make my nodules go away(with redness but still..)Although I'm young and all this but I started getting acne last summer and I used benzoil peroxide, salicilic acid, home remedies , and it kept going worse and worse , one nights I found myself crying .. but you gotta be STRONG and PUSH THROUGHT!!