Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lweaver15

My Accutane Results So Far. Starting Third Month Soon. Pics Included. Please Comment.

Hey guys Im starting my third month September 13th and I was showing you my results. I see some but still not jumping with joy. I dont have many active acne but I have old acne or hyperpigmentation. I hope its just old acne thats going to heal cause I cant stand all these red marks. First month was 40mg and this month was 60mg. I hope I get bumped up to atleast 70mg next Thursday. Any feedback would be awesome. Trying to keep my spirtis up.

1st three are before and last three is as of today.

post-177999-0-35352800-1346968849_thumb.

post-177999-0-28375600-1346968850_thumb.

post-177999-0-56795900-1346968865_thumb.

post-177999-0-48784300-1346968866_thumb.

post-177999-0-66342200-1346968886_thumb.

post-177999-0-51230700-1346968887_thumb.

post-177999-0-35352800-1346968849_thumb.

post-177999-0-28375600-1346968850_thumb.

post-177999-0-56795900-1346968865_thumb.

post-177999-0-48784300-1346968866_thumb.

post-177999-0-66342200-1346968886_thumb.

post-177999-0-51230700-1346968887_thumb.

Edited by Lweaver15

Remember, it's only been two months. That said, it is improving nicely. By the looks of it I would say you should see dramatic improvement by the time you're done. You will still have some red marks even when you finish accutane, but they will fade with time. Red marks don't heal very well while you're on accutane because your skin is so fragile. But once you're off it, your skin will continue to improve as it heals and regains moisture. How many months did your derm say your course will be? Or will it be determined later?

By the way, I just started my second course a few days ago. I started my first course 1.5 years ago and it was 80mg/day for 6 months. It cleared my face well but I still have some cystic acne on my back, which is harder to cure than the face.

Good luck, eat healthy, drink lots of water, and moisturize!

Remember, it's only been two months. That said, it is improving nicely. By the looks of it I would say you should see dramatic improvement by the time you're done. You will still have some red marks even when you finish accutane, but they will fade with time. Red marks don't heal very well while you're on accutane because your skin is so fragile. But once you're off it, your skin will continue to improve as it heals and regains moisture. How many months did your derm say your course will be? Or will it be determined later?

By the way, I just started my second course a few days ago. I started my first course 1.5 years ago and it was 80mg/day for 6 months. It cleared my face well but I still have some cystic acne on my back, which is harder to cure than the face.

Im supposed to be on it for 6 months at 60mg the remainder but I want to be upped. Thank you for your feedback. It makes the light at the end of the tunnel a little brighter!

Im supposed to be on it for 6 months at 60mg the remainder but I want to be upped. Thank you for your feedback. It makes the light at the end of the tunnel a little brighter!

I see. How much do you weigh?

155ish-160

155ish-160

OK, so that's about 70 kg. The guideline for best results is 120 - 150 mg/kg over the entire course of treatment. If you took 40mg for the first month, 60 mg for the second month, and you continue on 60 mg for months 3-6, that puts you at about 145 mg/kg. That sits very nicely at the upper end of that range, so I think your derm is spot on with your dosage.

You will clear up, and the red marks will eventually fade. Some people, like myself, require two courses of accutane (or maybe even more) to be completely clear but it does work.

Just hang in there and be patient. That's what I'm doing on my second course. It will be worth it!