Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyza

I Can Honestly Say I Hate My Life!

I used to be an avid user of this forum and used to use it when my acne was at a really bad stage. This was around 5 years ago. I never thought I'd be coming back on this website making another one of these threads. I was 90% clear for the first time for the last 6 months and it felt....magical! I mean it was wonderful. I had confidence, I could speak to anyone, I was actually active in flirting with girls, my skin was the last thing on my mind....and now its shattered. I had what it felt like to be free and now its taken away from me. Through my years I have had all types of acne. I have ice pick scars, white heads, cysts, nodules, hyper-pigmentation but now my acne has evolved into a new annoyance. Something that is just as permanent as the few ice pick scars I have...Hypo-pigmentation (or white marks). These are without a doubt the worst thing any acne sufferer can go through and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. It really stands out on my face (I have dark skin) and it looks as though I have been burned there. Its really embarrassing and ugly and I just feel like hibernating in my bed forever. I haven't had this feeling for years as normal acne would heal over within a few months. These white marks are permanent and now so it my insecurity. Thanks for reading this.I just needed to vent.

hope, things will work out for you again, I know that feeling,I felt that before and its really sucks, having been able to be cleared up after a year, and then the next thing you knew, its there again only this time its worse. Its like a trial thing, false hopes whatever, I did not go out for almost a month & instead I had my friends whom I am comfortable most, come over at our house, it did help me little by little to at least have the courage to go out again, I'm still having a hard time but positive thinking, and acceptance helped me, I may have flaws all over my face, but i think its just a matter of how I carry myself around other people and how they will treat me. Don't lose hope.

I completely know what you mean, I am only 16, and everyone at my school has no to little acne, like it's not fair. I don't have pimples anymore, and if I get them it's a small whitehead here and there, but my entire face is covered with post acne marks, and its so unfair, no matter how much foundation I use, it looks like I have scars, which I can't tell if its hyperpigmentation or a scar but whatever. I keep having mental lapses and crying and anxiety and my parents are kind of helping, but not really. I keep hearing that they'll fade but whaaatever.

Hey Kyza I remember you posting when I first joined. Have you considered accutane? If you feel like you've tried everything else and your still getting active acne then it's definitely worth getting your GP to give you a referall. It took me a long time to build up the courage to take it but I'm glad that I finally have, no other product (natural or otherwise) ever worked for me.

I'm not sure what to suggest about the hyperpigmentation as I've never really tried to deal with aside from moisturizing and just letting them heal over time. I know some people have considered laser/fraxel surgery for that, something maybe to look into?

All the best man.

Edited by ledzep

The scars can be harder to deal with than the acne itself. When I see my scars I get really down because a lot of them could have been avoided if I knew then what I know now. Apple cider vinegar and argan oil have helped my hyper-pigmentation immensely.

The scars can be harder to deal with than the acne itself. When I see my scars I get really down because a lot of them could have been avoided if I knew then what I know now. Apple cider vinegar and argan oil have helped my hyper-pigmentation immensely.

Thanks for the tip. You are pretty!

I completely know what you mean, I am only 16, and everyone at my school has no to little acne, like it's not fair. I don't have pimples anymore, and if I get them it's a small whitehead here and there, but my entire face is covered with post acne marks, and its so unfair, no matter how much foundation I use, it looks like I have scars, which I can't tell if its hyperpigmentation or a scar but whatever. I keep having mental lapses and crying and anxiety and my parents are kind of helping, but not really. I keep hearing that they'll fade but whaaatever.

Hey youre only 16! What I would give to be 16 again! Make the most of it, dont live out your young days worrying about acne. There is much more to life than appearcne and I WISH i knew that when I was your age. You are very pretty so dont worry!

Hey Kyza I remember you posting when I first joined. Have you considered accutane? If you feel like you've tried everything else and your still getting active acne then it's definitely worth getting your GP to give you a referall. It took me a long time to build up the courage to take it but I'm glad that I finally have, no other product (natural or otherwise) ever worked for me.

I'm not sure what to suggest about the hyperpigmentation as I've never really tried to deal with aside from moisturizing and just letting them heal over time. I know some people have considered laser/fraxel surgery for that, something maybe to look into?

All the best man.

Hey thanks for remembering me mate. Yeah If all else fails I think I may take the plunge and get accutane. I mean Im 25! I've done too much worrying about acne!

Same!! I have bad scars now. My scars wasn't that bad 'till a few months ago where I started breaking out a lot. I remember my dad saying that I didn't scars at all, but now I have a few new scars that are bad. Grr :

I know that feeling all too well man. I just turned 25 and am still dealing with constant breakouts. I had a few amazing periods of clear skin too lol It sounds so bad saying that but it's the truth. I wish I had an answer for you but I am still looking for it myself.