Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlowinIt

Think I Finally Found What Was Causing My Mild To Moderate Acne: Marijuana

From age 21 to 25, I was a daily marijuana smoker that experienced mild to moderate acne with the occasional cyst or nodule. However, this all changed on August 15th when I was admitted into the hospital for a Spontaneous Pneumothorax (collapsed lung). After spending a week in the hospital, I was told by a Pulmonologist that smoking would be out of the question if I wanted to prevent it from happening again. Quitting marijuana has been the only lifestyle change I've made since being discharged from the hospital, and my skin has gotten progressively clearer and clearer since I stopped. I realize correlation=/=causation, but I don't see this being a coincidence. Either way, I'm the happiest I've been in a very long time because of this development. My self confidence is at an all time high and my attitude has never been better.

Not saying that this will work for every marijuana smoker suffering from acne, but it's certainly something to think about. Thanks for reading.

Edited by BlowinIt

While there are a lot of discrepancies when it comes to marijuana's role in acne, I find it a little odd that my acne showed up around the time that I started smoking regularly and began to go away once I stopped. Like I said: not saying it's actually the cause, it's just that this is the only variable that has changed in my life since my acne has started to go away. It could very well be a coincidence.

You can find studies saying that marijuana is terrible for your body and that marijuana is great for your body. Unfortunately the highly controversial nature of this drug has corrupted the real medical research, so at this point I would say it's impossible to say studies have proved it one way or another.

Guest T.M.

If its working stay off it. What better reason to stop smoking the herb?

If its working stay off it. What better reason to stop smoking the herb?

One could argue that preventing another collapsed lung is a better reason hahahaha, but I get what you're saying and I appreciate the response.