Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
comocodran

When Will It Get Better?

Hello. I have had acne for about 2.5 years now. At first, it didn't really bother me because there were just a couple of pimples here and there that went away rather quickly. However, as I entered my sophomore year, the acne started to get really bad. I remember that my acne was fine in the summer before sophomore year, but one week before school began, I had a HUGE breakout on my right and left cheeks and forehead. This was the worst acne I have ever had and I have completely changed my lifestyle ever since that breakout. I started drinking lemon juice diluted with water once or twice a day, as well as using apple cider vinegar on my skin (diluted). I do not eat any dairy products, junk food, soda, or any really unhealthy things. I drink a vegetable juice made of carrots, celery, apples, and more each morning and I wash my face two times a day with Neutrogena face wash. Now at my school, I would say 80% of the students do not have acne, so I am really embarrassed and ashamed to go to school. I would avoid eye contact as much as possible, end conversations quickly, and stay as far away from people as I can when I do have conversations. This is because in the past (middle school), I have been teased about my acne and I really hated it. I really do not want to take any strong medication or Accutane or whatever, because I know those things will damage my body. I am just wondering, when will my skin get better?

It all depends. For some people, it might just disappear as they grow out of adolescence. Or it might go on into your adult years. I realize that it has been some time, try to remember if you did anything different before sophomore year started. Also, I have heard that ACV is better ingested than on your skin, which is what I have ordered it for. If you aren't seeing results you should research other treatments. Everyone's skin is different and you shouldn't stick to something that isn't working for you. Last thing, you shouldn't get so stressed out, because if you do you will be more prone to looking in the mirror and picking your skin.

For many people, it never gets better unless you fix the problem. My acne was just as severe in college as it was in adolescence. I finally found a way to correct the hormonal imbalance that caused my acne. This is the first year I can celebrate with clear skin since age 13.

I can't tell if you're male or female, but let me tell you a little secret. Many women do not "grow out" of their acne. They THINK they do. What really happens is sometime in adulthood they go on hormonal birth control. Many types of birth control will balance your hormones and give you clear skin.

A lot of people also go on Accutane which keeps them clear for a few years until their sebaceous glands enlarge again (Accutane shrinks the sebaceous glands). Sometimes they get lucky and by the time the sebaceous glands have bounced back, their hormones have stabilized enough that the acne isn't as bad.

I am a male and turned 15 years old last month. Maybe it is just the hormones that are causing the acne, because I have tried a lot of the techniques like drinking a lot of water, not eating dairy products, etc. Right now I am going to try Epiduo on the areas that are the worse, which include the area between the eyes, forehead, and right cheek.