Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whyyme

Finally Got Myself A Good Job, But Cant Face Turning Up......

Im a 20yo male, started work last week and my skin was much worse than usual. This week it has been twice as bad as last, cysts and pustules all around my mouth.

I have not been looking forward to starting shifts again on friday because of my skin, so i went to the doctors for some antibiotics. He gave me Erithromycin and Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. Been taking the anti biotics and used the topical twice now. All of a sudden tonight i have 8 new cysts forming to the left of my mouth, by tomorrow i will be covered in red painful cysts, i cant believe it.

Now I have one day left before starting the first of my four 12 hour shifts. I cant even look at my family never mind go to work. What the hell am i supposed to do? Spend a weekend miserable and depressed at work or not go and get fired without even getting my feet under the table.

My life sucks so hard at the moment its unreal.....

I know how tough it can be, bud...but my advice would be go to work. You need money to survive in life, and jobs are really scarce these days. So just hold your head up high and try and push through it, because the alternative is just sitting at home worrying about your skin, and that won't get you anywhere. Trust me, I've done it way too many times before.

Edited by FlaggLives

With bp, it will make you breakout, though when it does in relation to when you start it varies. And honestly, just disregard what others think, because acne does not make you. And like flagglives said, we can all use money.

I personally hate BP but I hear it does take some time to get used to. So just stick in there, eat healthy, drink plenty of water, get lots of rest, and have fun.

I'm sure it doesn't look that bad. There is always someone who has it worse than you.

Sure, there are also people who have it better than you but fuck them, right? You have to be happy with what you've got and make due with what you can. Try a honey facial for an hour or two. It's a natural antiseptic and can only help. It doesn't purge your pores like BP and other stuff. And you can use it along with BP after the mask.

I say go for it because I know I don't rule anything out in helping my skin. I drank a cup of lemon juice a day (straight, 30 minutes before breakfast) and it dramatically helped. I also had an unrelated irritated esophagus and thought that really wouldn't help so I stopped.

I'm with you my friend. I just started subbing 3 weeks ago and my skin exploded with painful nodules. Real fun to deal with students with a face full of acne and it keeps getting worse every day! Keep your head up. FlaggLives is right - jobs are scarce. Just keep using the antibiotics - you're just having an initial breakout and it will get better. In my case, I look at my skin in the mirror as close as possible, so I make it out to be much worse than it is (although it is bad.) You will get through the 4 days! Good luck!!

P.S. Do NOT let acne run your life!!! Or else it wins!!

Im a 20yo male, started work last week and my skin was much worse than usual. This week it has been twice as bad as last, cysts and pustules all around my mouth.

I have not been looking forward to starting shifts again on friday because of my skin, so i went to the doctors for some antibiotics. He gave me Erithromycin and Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. Been taking the anti biotics and used the topical twice now. All of a sudden tonight i have 8 new cysts forming to the left of my mouth, by tomorrow i will be covered in red painful cysts, i cant believe it.

Now I have one day left before starting the first of my four 12 hour shifts. I cant even look at my family never mind go to work. What the hell am i supposed to do? Spend a weekend miserable and depressed at work or not go and get fired without even getting my feet under the table.

My life sucks so hard at the moment its unreal.....

I started work as soon as I was legal (and did other work younger, like mowing lawns and such), and I had a horrid face. Worse than most people. I haven't had clear skin since puberty until this year and I've NEVER missed work because my face was bad that day. My face was bad EVERY day.

I know what you are going through, but please, it's insulting to say that because you have acne you can't function. Respect yourself more than that. And go to work.

Edited by Green Gables

Thanks for the replies.

I am going to go tomorrow, just do my best to avoid any mirrors i suppose... Hopefully the Erithromycin will kick in soon, i have used it before and it started working within a few days so i can only hope.

Thanks for the replies.

I am going to go tomorrow, just do my best to avoid any mirrors i suppose... Hopefully the Erithromycin will kick in soon, i have used it before and it started working within a few days so i can only hope.

Good luck!

Yes, avoiding mirrors is definitely a smart thing to do. That way you can fool yourself into thinking that it's actually gotten better which in turn will boost your confidence. That's how it used to work for me atleast, haha. Another tip that I would like to give you, is to act as if you don't have any acne on your face. By that I mean that you shouldn't try to hide your face or avoid human contact, but rather do the complete opposite. Be friendly, jolly, energetic and smile a lot. Because that is what people will remember about you, not your acne. If you decide to be distant and hide yourself, then you'll be remembered as the socially awkward guy with acne. That is not one, but two negatives. And if you're happy at work you might end up enjoying it!

This is all advice though, do whatever you feel comfortable with. I wish you the best of luck! =D

Edit: hopefully you'll get to read my post before you leave to work. I noticed I answered a bit late..

Edited by Buttsoup

Yes, avoiding mirrors is definitely a smart thing to do. That way you can fool yourself into thinking that it's actually gotten better which in turn will boost your confidence. That's how it used to work for me atleast, haha. Another tip that I would like to give you, is to act as if you don't have any acne on your face. By that I mean that you shouldn't try to hide your face or avoid human contact, but rather do the complete opposite. Be friendly, jolly, energetic and smile a lot. Because that is what people will remember about you, not your acne. If you decide to be distant and hide yourself, then you'll be remembered as the socially awkward guy with acne. That is not one, but two negatives. And if you're happy at work you might end up enjoying it!

This is all advice though, do whatever you feel comfortable with. I wish you the best of luck! =D

Edit: hopefully you'll get to read my post before you leave to work. I noticed I answered a bit late..

Thankyou for the reply, good advice. I will do my best to be happy smile.png

Quick update for anyone that cares. :)

Went to work on friday and had a pretty good day really. Even though my face was really bad noone seemed to care much.

Looking forward to my 3rd shift tonight, my face has cleared up pretty incredibly over the last 3 days.

Decided against using BP, nearly burnt my face off. Taking Erithromycin tablets, and also using epsom salt, apple cider vinegar and aqueous cream on my skin. So far has worked a treat.

Heres hoping it keeps improving!

Thanks all.

i feel ur pain .. lately i been avoiding mirrors it sucks... i cant even look at my family in the eye when i talk to them.. is bad... but i learned that i just need to get mu stuff done no matter how bad and shitty i feel because of my skin. hang in there :)